Search results

1. J

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Made some changes and got it all working. I didn't quite understand how VLANs worked and what tagged vs untagged meant. Watched a couple videos and read up now it's all working great!
  2. J

show conf ! Startup-config data location is flash memory ! Startup configuration: ! ver 08.0.30tT7f3 ! stack unit 1 module 1 icx6610-48p-poe-port-management-module module 2 icx6610-qsfp-10-port-160g-module module 3 icx6610-8-port-10g-dual-mode-module ! ! ! ! vlan 1 name DEFAULT-VLAN by...
  3. J

kpfleming Thank you so much for this post! I'll work on setting it all up later tonight.
  4. J

I knew the reason I couldn't assign 10.0.0.3 was because it's part of that broadcast address. Is there anyway I can change that so I can use 10.0.0.1 for the router, 10.0.0.2 for the switch and 10.0.0.3 for the access point? So I need to assign an adress to the R710 that is the same subnet as...
  5. J

I've had a Brocade ICX-6610 for a couple years now and just recently bought a Ruckus R710. I'm running VyOS and am having issues assigning an IP to the R710 that is in the correct VLAN. show conf ! Startup-config data location is flash memory ! Startup configuration: ! ver 08.0.30tT7f3 ! stack...
  6. J

This helped me quite a bit but I'm still trying to figure out how to setup VLANs on the brocade and then have DHCP work
  7. J

Would you mind posting or PMing me the basic config you're running on VyOS? I'm working on getting it setup myself and would love to have something to reference.
  8. J

I know pfSense can't be used for DHCP when using the Brocade ICX-6610 as a layer 3 switch with VLANs. Can anyone tell me if VyOS is capable of handling DHCP in a similar setup?
  9. J

I tried that and still had issues, I realized I could actually ping out to google from one of the systems I was having trouble with so I went into pfSense DNS Resolver and added that vlan subnet to the access list and everything seems to be working. I'm not sure if this is the correct fix, but...
  10. J

My NAT settings in pfSense are set to "Automatic" and it appears that the routes have already been added under "Source".
  11. J

@ArmedAviator Here is the routing table for PFSense: Routing tables Internet: Destination Gateway Flags Netif Expire default c-73-183-224-1.hsd UGS igb0 10.0.0.0/24 link#1 U em0 router link#1 UHS...
  12. J

I'm having issues getting internet access to my VLANs. I have a PFSense router and a Brocade ICX6610. The VLANs can all see each other, and the switch can ping out to google, but I can't get anything on any VLAN to see outside of my LAN. My PFSense router is 10.0.0.1 and I've added a gateway of...
  13. J

Confused About Backplanes & Controllers

Should I go for 2x Adaptec 71605 or look at changing out the backplanes in both systems?
  14. J

I'm going to be running Proxmox with a few Linux & Windows VMs. Would I run into any issues with this card? It's significantly cheaper than the LSI 9201-16i.
  15. J

Backplane: BPN-SAS-218A HBA: LSI-9201-16i Cable: 2x Mini SAS to Mini SAS (SFF-8087) 1x Mini SAS to SATA Breakout (SFF-8087) Backplane: BPN-SAS-826A HBA: LSI-9201-16i Cable: 3x Mini SAS to Mini SAS (SFF-8087) Would this be the correct cables needed for each?
  16. J

So would a LSI 9201-16i in both of them allow me to use all the drives? The specs on it show 4x SFF-8087 mini sas connectors.
  17. J

So would a LSI-9211-8i be what I need for the 218a since it has 2x SFF-8087 connections? If so then I'd need a card with 3x SFF-8087 connectors for the 826A like a LSI 9201-16i?
  18. J

I'm completely lost, what raid controller and cables would I need for the following two systems? Motherboard: X9DRG-HF Backplane: BPN-SAS-218A 10x 2.5" Trays Motherboard: X9DRW-3F Backplane: BPN-SAS-826A 12x 3.5" Trays I'm just looking to run Proxmox on both of these and have the drives in...