Search results

1. M

Watch out for iElectronic_Traditional ebay seller

I actually didn't think of a charge back on cc, might still attempt this. I wouldn't have minded this issue if the seller took some form of responsibility and send anything useful as a way to compensate. Instead they just kept poining the finger to us as the issue, this was the straw for me to...
  2. M

Skratches on the CPU heatspreader and PCB edges are damage that do not impact use, they were sold as ebay catagory Used Used: The item was previously used. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but it is fully operational and functions as intended. This item may be a floor model or...
  3. M

They sold me damaged but 100% working and tested AMD epyc cpu's they turn out not to be tested and not 100% working at all. We had motherboards coming our way to test the cpu's they came just outside the 30 day return limit and the seller completly refuses to take any resposibilty for the...
  4. M

Lenovo thinkstation/nice server/workstation

You guys think this will fit a 4090? its for AI not gaming so the cpu doesn't matter
  5. M

Tyan S8030GM2NE

Thanks, yeah I thought so as well, I have tried multiple processors that work in Supermicro and Asus machines so I doubt they are vendor locked. The cmos battery tray got damaged in shipping so the bios being corrupt might actually make sense. Thanks I'll return the motherboard.
  6. M

Tyan S8030GM2NE

Yeah it's a POST code, the exact text is psp post code 004B
  7. M

Tyan S8030GM2NE

I just got this board of an ebay seller and it just boots into a static IP for the BMC that i can't reach and displays PSP code 004B, anyone know what this might be?
  8. M

Dell Poweredge R620's - 16/20 Cores - 64/128gb RAM - $200

in my opinion anything xeon v2-4 are is not worth it anymore, power costs, low performance, no more bios updates for security patches. Better of buying a more modern system. Epyc Rome/Milan utterly beats these in performance and I3-12000f is still slightly better with way less power use
  9. M

18TB Recertified Seagate Exos $189

The drives are listed as CMR and no mention on SN02 firmware can be found. These drives are also listed as 2 year warranty from serverpartdeals. Looks like a very good deal, might buy some.
  10. M

EU [UK] HPE 620QSFP28 4x 25GbE Single QSFP28

As far as we have found the chip actually support it but most vendors don't implement the function. So basically, no.
  11. M

Epyc Milan 7763 QS

Why would there be a backdoor in a oem chip, I have never heard anyone talk about this. Motherboard side with an ipmi this could be a concern second hand, the cpu seems like a safe bet regardless.
  12. M

UK Lenovo P360 Tiny I7-12700T £929.99 with code (Lenovo.com)

Ah that's a shame, Intel made the core line have ECC but is hard at work making sure nothing actually has the W680 chipset
  13. M

UK Lenovo P360 Tiny I7-12700T £929.99 with code (Lenovo.com)

Do these have the chipset to support ECC?
  14. M

$699.99 for 7.68TB ($91/TB) U.2 2.5" NVMe Water Panther Expanse SAN SSD

https://waterpanther.com/pages/rma No affiliation with the site whatsoever. But they do seem to be an actual company and have a 2 year replacement policy. I understand that you are skeptic, and I really don't like this approach better then just reselling the actual drives with the manufacturer...
  15. M

Supermicro AIOM in non Supermicro OCP 3.0 slot

Yeah it's worth a shot, they are rather cheap vs normal 100gbe pci-e cards. I ordered some for the asus e11 machines I bought to test. Very annoying that supermicro had to e so purposefully vague about this standard. Really wish this industry would stop making custom vendor locked systems. I...
  16. M

Supermicro AIOM in non Supermicro OCP 3.0 slot

So supermicro took it upon themselves to create another standard based on a standard to muddy the waters. AIOM looks like ocp 3.0, goes into that slot, but is AIOM compatible with a non supermicro OCP 3.0 slotted motherboard as well? Really hope someone knows this
  17. M

ES Xeon Discussion

That seems like good news, I will purchase some for testing, are you interested in the results? I can post them once the hw is in
  18. M

ES Xeon Discussion

@RolloZ170 So I got some additional screenshots from the seller, it shows the cpu name in the bios, in windows, in cpu-z. However it does also say ES... so what are these? Multiple sellers have now uploaded similar images with all saying this is production OEM and QS at the same time
  19. M

ES Xeon Discussion

haha, yeah, the answer will be how the f did you get those give them back, but then in enterprise lawyer language and that sounds way more scary I never really contacted intel for anything with regards to support, but yeah there is a risk indeed
  20. M

ES Xeon Discussion

Agree with that, and its exactly what I am interested in, where does that edge lie? I don't want to assume just buying the 8k$ original part is the only option without trying to prove the opposite is true. We need more ram than a consumer CPU can give us although we currently run some Ryzen...