Search results

1. T

[FS][US-WA] Dell s6000 40gb switch + transceivers, HP/Mellanox 40gb NICs

I am at a crossroads right now. I have a bunch of Dell PowerConnect switches, some force10 (S5000), MikroTik and Ubiquiti. I am trying to figure out if the extra features warrant the extra sound and power consumption. I am not impressed with the MikroTik, seems like there it to much performance...
  2. T

[FS][US-WA] Dell s6000 40gb switch + transceivers, HP/Mellanox 40gb NICs

How loud is the Dell S6000? Thinking about getting one, but was curious about how loud it would be. Thank You
  3. T

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Really?! First off, I have not used Brocade networking equipment before other than the Brocade 8000. I was simply trying to find out what licenses are required for what switches. This might seem like a simple and stupid question for someone with experience, but for someone that is inexperienced...
  4. T

What all do you provide licenses for?
  5. T

I guess I didn't realize that the v09 was that new. I will more than likely stick with a version a bit older and tested. I didn't know that Brocade had been split up like that. I thought Broadcom got it all. I have only ever used the Fibre Channel and FCoE equipment, which brings me to the next...
  6. T

If you update ICX 7250 to 09.0.0 are the licensing requirements any different? I am toying with the idea of getting one and wanted to find out as much as I could about the licensing. If anyone could provide information it would greatly be appreciated.