Search results

1. M

vCSA in a homelab?

Exact! I didn’t think about that!
  2. M

vCSA in a homelab?

I wouldn't try to play with vCenter/vCA just for pfSense. This is over-killed as pfSense has the HA built in. I am 99.99% sure that doing HA using the pfSense feature will be more reliable than playing with vCenter.
  3. M

ESXI 6.7: Strange storage issues

For the record: since the latest message my server seems to be completely stable. Thank all for your help
  4. M

Advice needed: Lab optimization

Fully agree with gea!
  5. M

Basic pfSense Interface & Addressing Issues

I imagine that the modem from your isp has also some ip addresses and is not configured in bridge mode. If my assumption is correct, check that you do not have the same range of ip used in different segments of your network.
  6. M

This is more or less want I am trying right now. I found the info on : ESXi 6.5 vmw_ahci SSD extreme high latency and vm freeze issues – vDrone. My server is running with this config since 12 hours now. Too soon to make any conclusion but at least your info makes me believe that I might be in...
  7. M

I am booting from a USB key. Your advise is quite interesting. So far, I change the device driver for the vmw_haci. If this is not solving the issue, I will follow your advice and reinstalling on another usb key. If it is still unstable, I will downgrade to 6.5. If still not stable...not...
  8. M

I was running 6.0 before and upgraded immediately to 6.7. 6.0 had no such issue. 6.7 running stable during 1 month before having instabilities. If I dot found any 6.7 solution, I believe I will downgrade to 6.5. I would to avoid it but since yesterday eve, I had to reboot my server 3 times...
  9. M

The issue occurs again. I was able to get some logs by externalising the syslog. However this is meaningless to me: Jan 21 23:42:13 esxi.mno.nul vmkernel: cpu2:2099916)vmw_ahci[0000001f]: CompletionBottomHalf:hotplug port status: 400040, IPM(0), SPD(0), DET(0) Jan 21 23:42:13 esxi.mno.nul...
  10. M

Hdd are directly connected on the motherboard. This is a GIGABYTE GA-Z87-D3HP.
  11. M

Hi, I am running a whitebox server since 2013. The esxi version has being upgraded up to now 6.7. Since Dec last year, I am experiencing a strange issue and despite searches on Google and different forums I could not find guidance on how to understand/correct the issue. I have currently 4...