Search results

1. R

More shady stuff from pfsense

They’re ”bringing back” TAC Lite for $129 a year: Coming Soon: Netgate pfSense Plus TAC Lite Available for $129/year If you don’t buy TAC Lite for your existing Home/Lab pfSense Plus installation, it will not receive future updates. Personally I don’t want to pay $129 a year for my home...
  2. R

More shady stuff from pfsense

Wellp looks like the Home+Lab free Plus license is gone completely
  3. R

Intel server case with 8 hot swap 3.5" bays for $200 with free US shipping

I'm still running one of these from the natex s2600cp/kallyomalley deals back in 2016 and I love it! It's a very solid case like @Marsh said. AUPBEZEL4UF will turn this into a 4U rack mounted server case (if you find the rails) by replacing the front bezel, adding handles to the front, and...
  4. R

Eaton EMA111-10 $77+shipping

For the future, I also had communication issues with this eBay seller. They said they would send an invoice with the shipping quote, but finally today (several weeks later after they accepted my offer) they got back to me saying they sold them all already.
  5. R

STH Forums a New Look and How to Switch to Dark Theme

Looking better every day! Keep up the good work!
  6. R

Intel P4000 chassis UPS question

I have an Eaton 5PX that supposedly outputs a "pure sine wave" and a P4000 + S2600CP + dual 750W hot swap power supply. I get the same fan ramping up and down behavior when it's on UPS power. The instant the UPS switches over to battery, the fans ramp up and down and continue to ramp up and down...
  7. R

ESXi 6.7U2, OSX Mojave, GPU Passthrough

This has been an issue for a while: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/esxi-6-5-osx-with-gpu-passthrough.12680/page-2#post-145054 Basically, as of Sierra (10.12), AMD cards will not initialize correctly when using passthrough in ESXi. I tried all sorts of different ways...
  8. R

Supermicro X10SAT doing 6 short beeps

IIRC, it was a 3.0 BIOS which lost the the Graphics submenu. The BIOS Supermicro gave me in 2016 reports version "3.0.T201511121937" in ESXi. I do still run the X10SAT, but it's at work in a production environment now and so it may be a while before I can take it down to get BIOS dumps.
  9. R

Supermicro X10SAT doing 6 short beeps

If you submit a support ticket, Supermicro should give you a BIOS file that restores the Graphics Configuration submenu for the X10SAT. I did this in 2016, I don't know why Supermicro doesn't just push out the fixed BIOS. If they won't give it to you, I think I still have it saved somewhere.
  10. R

OmniOS 151028 stable

Gotcha, I'll keep that in mind in case I run into this again. Thank you!
  11. R

OmniOS 151028 stable

Thanks for the suggestion, looks like the command is indeed "svcs". However, it does show the ntp service being "offline". I'll rebuild with the new appliance, it does seem like there are a number of issues upgrading from previous OmniOS versions.
  12. R

OmniOS 151028 stable

Thanks gea, I'll wait for your updated ESXi template!
  13. R

OmniOS 151028 stable

I'm having issues with open-vm-tools after upgrading to 151028, the tools won't start automatically and uninstalling and reinstalling the open-vm-tools package doesn't seem to fix. Running on ESXi 6.5U2. Hopefully the open-vm-tools package just needs an update?
  14. R

Intel RMS25KB080 (LSI 9205/9207-8i) for $12 OBO shipped

I haven't tested the cards yet, but I compared what I got to another -311 card from a different seller on eBay and as far as I could tell, they were identical. The Intel logo was embossed/printed on it, and the logos on the chips I could see without taking the heatsink off matched. If they...
  15. R

kalleyomalley (and others) have relatively high res photos of the RMS25KB080 on their listings. When I get the ones I ordered in, I'll check and see if there are any noticeable differences.
  16. R

Accepted BO 3x $8. I'm expecting the B0/PCIe 2.0 revision based on the item listing title but that's fine for my usage.
  17. R

Joining the ranks of Hackintosh users........it works !!

There is a native kext for vmxnet3 support now (since 10.11)! VMXNET3 driver now included in Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)+ I've used it for a while and I've seen no stability issues. This is absolutely true and is only getting worse in Mojave since more and more apps start to rely on Metal...
  18. R

FS: 800gb Intel S3500 SSD, HIGH USE - $65

I have one 800gb Intel S3500 SSD for sale. It works 100% as far as I can tell, I just got new drives and don't need this one any more. This drive has 434TB written to it, out of an Intel specified lifespan of 450TB written! As a result, I am putting this up for $65 via PayPal shipped via USPS...
  19. R

tapatalk wont login or update feeds anymore

Does that mark ALL forums read or just the forum you're currently in?