Search results

1. S

Automatic vMotion of pfSense with 3750g?

I think my last post may have given the impression that I finally had things working, but I do not. I've done some more looking into it. I'm not sure that Gi4/0/7 is configured right. It shows Trunking VLANs Enabled: 2 but I don't see the Gi4/0/7 interface listed when I run #show vlan...
  2. S

This is what I have configured in my switch. Port Gi4/0/1 is the link to the modem, and Gi4/0/7 & 8 are the links for the pfSense WAN, although 8 hasn't yet been added to the port group, since that's Host B and pfSense isn't on there. PfSense was did have internet access prior to making these...
  3. S

That part appears to have been wrong. Tagging is set at the port group, not at the dvswitch itself. I mis-read what was written earlier. Other than that, I made the changes. Something else must be wrong, too, because it's not working. pfSense no longer has WAN connectivity. :(
  4. S

Ultimately, I want pretty much everything segregated. I'd leave a couple ports on the switch as the default vlan, though I'll probably change the default vlan from 1 to some other number. I want my server LAN, workstation LAN, SAN, VoIP, Management, vMotion, VPN, and WAN each with their own...
  5. S

Sorry if I'm being obtuse with these questions. If they don't really belong here, please let me know. I've been reading what I can to learn more about this, to make sure I fully understand how this works, but much of what I find seem like partial explanations. Let me try again to see if I have...
  6. S

Also, if I may, let me throw another factor into this... Right now my lab network is configured with class A addresses, and the internet modem is configured for class C (it can only do B & C). I have a PC & smart TV connected to the modem, and the PC is hosting Plex. I've also got a couple wifi...
  7. S

I'm new to this vlan stuff, so I just want to make sure I have this right. The modem would connect to port 1. Port 1 would be assigned VLAN2, but not tagged. Does that mean untagged inbound & outbound? Or just untagged in one direction? Then all other ports are untagged VLAN1, trunking VLAN2...
  8. S

I'm putting together my home lab, which includes (but isn't limited to) two r610s (Hosts A & B), each with 8 NICs, vSphere 6.7 and one 3750g. I've got both vCenter and pfSense VMs running, but have done only minimal configuration to each. At the moment, there is a cable running from my Pace...