Search results

1. R

SATA DOM on X10SLM+-F where is the power?

I don't have that board, but I think the bit about connecting JSD1 to the power supply is wrong. That tiny connector supplies power to the SATA DOM. A short cable goes from the motherboard JSD1 connector to another tiny connector on the side of the SATA DOM. Just make sure that your SATA DOM...
  2. R

HP T730 8GB RAM 32GB Storage Thin Client

It doesn't seem possible to boot from the internal USB port, as confirmed by a couple of posters. It's puzzling, and makes me wonder what the internal port was intended for.
  3. R

SOLVED: I cannot format/use HGST Ultrastar DC SN200 SAS NVMe 7.68TB HUSMR7676BDP3Y1

Your NVME device is formatted for 4k sectors. I'm not a DBA, but a little Googling indicates that running Oracle DBMS on top of a filesystem using 4k sectors probably isn't going to work well (something about incompatibility with direct I/O). You could probably use the Linux "nvme format"...
  4. R

Sandisk CloudSpeed 1.92tb 150$ OBO

I offerred $140 for 3. The seller counteroffered $125 for 3 (?). I went ahead and picked them up.
  5. R

SOLVED: I cannot format/use HGST Ultrastar DC SN200 SAS NVMe 7.68TB HUSMR7676BDP3Y1

That looks a lot better. I'm glad you got it working.
  6. R

I missed it before, but your "nvme list" output shows the format to be 512 B + 8 B. When your Windows format is done, you might try in Ubuntu: nvme id-ns /dev/nvme0n1 My NVME drive is showing 512 B + 0 B as the format. There's a "nvme format" command in Linux that looks like it lets you...
  7. R

That definitely doesn't look right. I wonder if Windows is getting confused by the large capacity? What version of Windows, by the way? Since you've created a GPT under Linux and started a slow format of the partition under Windows, let's see what happens with that.
  8. R

Good, that tells us that Linux recognizes the NVME drive and shows its correct 7 TB size and that the block size is 512B. It also says that there is no recognizable partition table. So, normally the next step would be to create a GPT partition table, make partition(s), and format the...
  9. R

As azev pointed out, the drive is not SAS, it's NVME. That means that the sg* utilities aren't going to be useful, because those utilities are designed to work with the SCSI protocol. It's encouraging that your HD Sentinel and Crystal Disk Info output shows the model number and firmware...
  10. R

SanDisk 3.84TB SATA SSD $313 to $340

I bought two Cloudspeed 3.84TB drives from this auction. According to smartctl, they're unused: 0 hours of power-on time, 0 LBAs read or written. The same seller has another listing showing 2 still available.
  11. R

HGST SSD NVME 1.9TB and 3.8TB

I received my 3820 GB SSD today. The packaging was the same as poto's. Power-on hours was 1. The amount of data written and read was 3.82 TB, matching the drive capacity, so it was probably a QA test of some sort. I kind of wish I had picked up a second one.
  12. R

HP T730 8GB RAM 32GB Storage Thin Client

I just tested it, and it doesn't work for me either. The internal USB is getting power, but I never saw the LED flicker on the flash drive. External USB ports work fine. I didn't see anything in the BIOS that looked relevant, either.
  13. R

X10SDV-4C+-TLN4F: Fedora 29 Server install error

This is interesting.... A security fix in 4.16.4 sometimes results in boot hangs, because the kernel is waiting for enough "randomness" for crypto purposes. Common F28 bugs - Fedora Project Wiki
  14. R

That sucks. Maybe your board does have a hardware issue. Weird that it only shows up with a 4.x kernel.
  15. R

It's a long shot, but you might try unplugging all storage devices from the motherboard and boot from a Fedora installer USB stick. Obviously, you wouldn't be able to complete an install, but if the installer starts properly, it might point at some sort of hardware conflict. I'm not using an...
  16. R

I looked at some of my other Fedora installs, and I don't see any partitions in their anaconda-ks.cfg, so that might be a red herring. If I did use a live CD, it was probably GRML. Disk /dev/sda: 59.6 GiB, 64023257088 bytes, 125045424 sectors Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes Sector size...
  17. R

My install was done last July 7. Looking through my anaconda-ks.cfg, there's no partition definitions, so I must have made them beforehand with a live CD. It looks like I used the Fedora Server "netinst" install media. You've tested everything I can think of, so I'm out of ideas at this...
  18. R

So the system hangs trying to boot from the install media? You never got as far as the anaconda installer? I wonder if the kernel is having trouble reading the install media for some reason. My memory is hazy, but I seem to recall that I did my install with an external USB CD-ROM.
  19. R

I have a similar X10SDV-4C+-TP4F, running Fedora 28 with no problems. My setup boots in BIOS mode from an MBR partitioned SATA SSD. Yours looks like grub is loading the kernel and initramfs, but not switching to the real root filesystem. What kind of device is your root filesystem installed on?