Search results

1. T

Taming the C6100

I am using the original wires from the Dell fans and attaching them to the San Ace 80 fans. How do I match the wire colors from the San Ace 80 fans which are blue, black, red, and yellow, but the original Dell fan wire colors are, blue, black, red, and green? Makes sense to match all the same...
  2. T

Taming the C6100

Which direction should the fan face when inserting them back in the server. The labels facing the hard drives or the other way? Edit: Actually tested it myself by spinning the fan and I could feel the air blowing from the front-side of the fan or the side with the label. So I installed the fans...
  3. T

Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 2U 4-Node (8 CPU) Cloud Server

I have a 3.5" chassis so the 2.5" HDDs won't work without a 2.5" to 3.5" adapter and then I would also need sleds. I will stick with SATA HDDs, the conversion cost to SAS HDDs is more than I want to pay right now. Need to return the 10K SAS 2.5" HDDs and get SATA HDDs. Wish I would have done my...
  4. T

Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 2U 4-Node (8 CPU) Cloud Server

SAS 2.5 Drives What do I need to use 2.5 SAS HDDs on the Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 besides the SAS Backplane? Thanks in advance, TF