Search results

1. M

Whats the new C6100 alternative these days?

I have 10 servers (2 x full C6100's and 2 x CS24-TY's). They have been pretty good to me, but I have an overly complex setup and Im looking to simplify things and upgrade to a bit newer cpu's, etc. Are there any good deals going on these days for quad node type servers? I think I will just use...
  2. M

New Colocation Space - Interest?

Out of curiosity, where are you talking about? What exact town/state?
  3. M

Icy Dock 3.5" Converter Competitor?

Huh? They are 40% cheaper. 50% when they are on sale.
  4. M

Icy Dock 3.5" Converter Competitor?

I know this is an older thread, but figured others might benefit from this as well. I just bought two of them for $12 a piece: Amazon.com: General 2.5" SSD to 3.5" SATA Hard Disk Drive HDD Adapter CADDY TRAY CAGE Hot Swap Plug: Computers & Accessories EDIT: oops, these are the same thing as...
  5. M

ScaleIO Hyperconverged Cluster Build

What was the performance like for your 3 node cluster? I have a small 3 node ceph storage cluster (10G ethernet,2 x 512G OSD's per host, 24G ram, dual 5520 cpus, replica 2) in each server and I was a bit disappointed in the low IOPS it was able to do for both read and write. Just curious how...
  6. M

Ubiquity EdgeRouter X?

Well if its only for ssh/web interface usage and occasional ip kvm console access (java), then it should be fine right? You are just talking about total throughput, right? Heck, Im not even connected to anything higher than 100mbit and when it comes to the uplinks and I dont see myself moving a...
  7. M

Ubiquity EdgeRouter X?

For those that bought one of these babies. What do you think of them so far? Im needing a reliable VPN device for my colo and this seemed like a great option. Mainly just use it to access the management networks (will it handle multiple subnets fine?).
  8. M

Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 2U 4-Node (8 CPU) Cloud Server

Has anyone written anything to automate the process of getting the jviewer.jnlp file for remote access? Its a pain in the arse getting in my opinion.
  9. M

Dell C6100 - anyone brick a board yet?

Weird. Flashing it again for the 3rd time seemed to solve it. LOL.
  10. M

Dell C6100 - anyone brick a board yet?

Legen, did you ever solve your dhcp issue? After upgrading mine on one, it was fine, but another when I try to set a static IP, I get: /usr/bin/ipmitool -I open lan set 1 ipaddr 10.0.1.107 Setting LAN IP Address to 10.0.1.107 LAN Parameter Data does not match! Write may have failed.
  11. M

Dell C1100 CS24-TY no IP kvm?

Thanks. Firefox seemed to hide that download, so I didnt notice. What a pain. luckily i dont have to use it often. LOL.
  12. M

Dell C1100 CS24-TY no IP kvm?

I have two Dell C1100 CS24-TY servers with BCM Firmware version 0.29. When I try to go the kvm console in firefox on osx system, it brings up a file browser like its asking to pick an application to open it. I do have java installed and it works fine with my c6100's. I thought maybe i needed...
  13. M

postcode Dell C6100

Same here. :/
  14. M

Dell C1100 dimm slots

Nvm, found a pic that answered it. http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s373/lextecebay/Dell_Poweredge_C1100/c1100_24gb_a_zpsb49a981a.jpg
  15. M

Dell C1100 dimm slots

Im in need of some help. I have a dell c1100 with 18 dimms of 4gb ram and dual 5520 CPUs. Supposedly they are organized in 6 banks of 3. I cat figure out from the manual which ones i need to keep populated to scale down to only 6 dimms totally 24gb.. The manual doesn't say which slots are which...
  16. M

postcode Dell C6100

Thanks, but I found someone in the US that had the boards with the sleds for $110 and free shipping. Not great, but not horrible. Sure hope this resolves it. I dint test the CPUs like I should have though, but I have two I can pull from if I have to.
  17. M

postcode Dell C6100

Grr, I think one of mine died as well. Turns on through the power button, but thst button never lights up and no display. Can't ping ipmi, but not 100% sure I have the right ip. Sad as I was just going to take this system to my colo this weekend. :(
  18. M

Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 2U 4-Node (8 CPU) Cloud Server

Can someone tell me the dimm slot ordering? I have two of these systems and im finding that some of the ram is bad. Used dmidecode to show which dimms are not showing, but not sure how those numbers related to the physical dimm slots.
  19. M

Quanta LB4M 48-Port Gigabit Switch Discussion

So did that stacking actually work? I wonder if that would work on my LB4's and not just the LB4M's. They both are running the same OS as far as i can tell.
  20. M

Quanta LB4M 48-Port Gigabit Switch Discussion

Im not confused. Its not possible afaik.