Search results

1. F

Toshiba 14TB SAS MG07SCA14TE 512e $66 NEW

Lucky for you they are already gone lol. Edit: Seems seller is/was adding additional stock.
  2. F

Funny enough these just, as in the last few minutes, dropped back down to their recent sale price of $80/ea.
  3. F

In the past I wouldn't think twice about buying a SAS drive with a 30 day warranty but the recent deals with a 5 year warranty have me second guessing.. Hm.. How is this still an issue in 2024 lol. Thanks for the heads up.
  4. F

EXPIRED Brocade ICX7250-48P ($105/ea OBO + Reasonable Shipping)

Also noticed the fans have a slight whine to them. Never noticed it on my other 7250-48P though. Oh nice! Didn't notice there was a fan mod for the 7250! I'm going to try this.
  5. F

Received mine today. The moment I saw it only wrapped in bubblewrap I knew the ears were toast. Sure enough one ear was completely folded over. 20 minutes later on the bench vise I got it straightened out :D. Other than that the exterior looks prestine. Haven't powered it up yet.
  6. F

This seller recently sent me an offer for $108. Not bad at all.
  7. F

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I'd think you'd eliminate the idle power draw of those PoE chips but thats probably not all that much, maybe 1 to 3 watts. I'd at least unplug one of the 3 fans if not using PoE, that would save you more. I've not removed the PoE daughterboard myself so not sure what consequences that will bring.
  8. F

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I blew up one of those PoE chips on that daughter board that powers a bank of 8 ports when I connected my cable modem to a switch port on my 7250-48P. Switch power cycled itself and everything but to my absolute shock it only took out that PoE chip and everything else was fine. I just lost the...
  9. F

Dell Poweredge R240 - Barebones w/ Xeon E-2124 - $180

Based on the label on the front I'd guess this was used in some sort of (amateur) radio set up. Think repeater site hosting EchoLink, IRLP, APRS, etc.
  10. F

Super cheap LSI SAS3 controller

Down to $20 again.
  11. F

Haha, I don't have five cards, yet. But the five brackets are basically the same price as one or two on ebay. So why not have some spares for when I do inevitably buy more cards lol.
  12. F

Just received these today and they fit perfectly.
  13. F

Anybody know if the standard low profile LSI brackets will fit these? Also which one of you just bought 70 of these things.. o_O
  14. F

Down to $22.. After I bought two, naturally :D
  15. F

UK Mellanox CX354A - Bargain

I've always been under the assumption the 13th gen rNDCs won't work in the 12th gen servers? Even though the form factor is the same.
  16. F

Engenius ECW230 (Wifi6 4x4 AP) - $125

Thanks! Looks like the antenna and board layout are different between them, relatively substantial difference. V3 uses a second revision of the IPQ8072 SoC. Whether that means anything in the real world though, who knows. https://fccid.io/A8J-EWS377AP https://fccid.io/A8J-EWS377APV3
  17. F

Engenius ECW230 (Wifi6 4x4 AP) - $125

Anyone know what the difference is between the EWS377AP HW versions?
  18. F

Fun with an MD1200/MD1220 & SC200/SC220

Was moving some drives from one SC200 to another and could not get the SATA drives to show back up in the OS. Eventually realized it was because the single EMM was in the bottom slot. Once I moved it to the top slot all the SATA drives started working.
  19. F

When I plugged the second controller into a chassis at 25% it ramped back up to stock. Also had a couple times where i set 25% and it ramped back up to stock after a few seconds. Still haven't messed with set_temp though. Also when I flashed 1.03 to anything other than the currently active...
  20. F

Quick tests with a kill-a-watt.. stock fans speed seemed to be around 38%. Idle chassis no drives or drive bays. 2 psus, 1 psu powered, 1 contr, stock = ~34w 2 psus, 1 psu powered, 2 contr, stock = ~43w 2 psus, 2 psu powered, 1 contr, stock = ~49w 2 psus, 2 psu powered, 2 contr, stock = ~57w...