Search results

1. N

OmniOS Napp-it on ESXi - ZFS RAIDZ1 - extermely poor write/read performance

System Configuration: System release: SunOS Home-Nappit 5.11 omnios-b281e50 i86pc i386 i86pc ESXi 5.1.0 standard Hardware: HP Proliant Microserver. AMD Athlon (tm) II Neo N36L Dual Core Memory: 8 GB ECC Unbuffered ZPool: 9 TB capacity pool: Home_NAS state: ONLINE scan: none requested...
  2. N

ZFS Pool shows much less disk space - disproportionate to physical disk space

Hello Spartacus, Many thanks for your support. The above link in combination with deleting a partition I had accidentally created helped resolve this. I am now able to see close to 4TB space in a ZFS pool with 2 4TB disks in Mirror. I had to blow everything away after taking a backup. Thanks...
  3. N

Can I delete the partition** - WD2DWCC7K1YPE7LN:1? Using the command: partedUtil delete "/vmfs/devices/disks/DeviceName" PartitionNumber If I did - will the disk space increase automatically? **I have not created any partition on purpose. But I may have accidentally created one
  4. N

Hello Gea, Spartacus, I just noticed the output of ls -l /vmfs/devices/disks on the host console. The screenshot is below. You can see there are two lines for each of 4TB hard disks. What does WD2DWCC7K1YPE7LN:1 line mean
  5. N

Hello Gea, Thank you for your inputs. I looked into the controller hardware on ebay. They are indeed cheap. If the config changes I am making do not help - I will by this and try. Thanks for your help
  6. N

Hello Spartacus, Thanks for the inputs. I have already done these steps to a large extent. I also checked the Advanced settings, and RdmFilter.HbalsShared is already set to TRUE. Couple of differences are: I am using *rdm* in the name - although I did not get any error. And Compatibility mode...
  7. N

Hi Gea, I am also attaching the screen shot from ESXi Client page that shows the guest (Nappit) configuration. I have circled the storage, Hard disk 1 and 2 that shows 4TB + 4TB but the ZFS as 1.4 TB thanks
  8. N

Hello Spartacus, Yes, I think you are right. HPE does support 4TB disk - as per HPE Gen 10 specification. I also checked the HPE Smart Array controller specification - there is no mention of any limit. thanks
  9. N

Hi Gea, I have not configured the disks in HBA pass-through in BIOS or otherwise. I was not able to configure the disks as pass-through in ESXi - this option was grayed out OR Pass-through was not supported. Instead I had come across a post few years back to configure disks as RDMs and assign...
  10. N

I have built a NAS server using following: HPE Gen 10 Proliant Microserver, VMware ESXi 6.7 update 3 Napp-it ZFS appliance with OmniOS (SunOS napp-it030 5.11 omnios-r151030-1b80ce3d31 i86pc i386 i86pc OmniOS v11 r151030j) I have 2 4TB hard disks in the ZFS pool. I am using mirror. So I expect...
  11. N

Not able to enable passthrough

Hello everyone! I am able to boot now. My server is up and ZFS is running. Summary: - The main issue seems to be initial configuration of datastore as a VMFS3 that prevented me to add 3 TB RDM. This threw me into all sorts of experiment all of it unnecessary until it lead me to setting...
  12. N

Hello All, I thought I found the issue... but still struggling... I made some progress though. I have two disks in my system. One 250GB that came with the server. The second, 3TB I added. Initially, I had setup my data store on 250GB disk. When I added the datastore, ESXi, by default assigned...
  13. N

No. I have AMD Turino II N40L processor which does not support VT-d; I am told by HP support folks..
  14. N

Hello All, Thanks for all the replies. Since I posted this question yesterday, I made some headway.. I figured out that passthrough is not suported. So I looked around for help and heavily used from this article: Creating RDMs on SATA drives I am planning to use this server I am...
  15. N

Hello, I am trying to install All in One from this location: napp-it // webbased ZFS NAS/SAN appliance for OmniOS, OpenIndiana and Solaris downloads When I go to Inventory- <ESXi 5.1 host> - Configutation - Advanced Settings ... I am not able to enable pass through. I am not sure why...