Search results

1. G

Compatible server/chassis/disk shelf for Samsung P1633a, model MZILS7T60

You've been a huge help, thank you! I've edit my OP to show I'm using a Perc H730P mini, but a simple HBA is also a good idea. I'll research this specific controller and see if there's a FW version that will "unblock" the disks
  2. G

Compatible server/chassis/disk shelf for Samsung P1633a, model MZILS7T60

I've got 12 of these SAS SSD's, but can't seem to find a server or any hardware that is compatible with these Samsung disks. I've tried a Dell 630 and 730XD, but the controller shows them as 'Blocked'. Is there an option to flash Dell F/W to the disk? My initial research indicates it's not...
  3. G

Assistance with disc enclosure to R630/MD1400

ok, thanks. I also have 2 additional EMM's coming and new cables so I'll hopefully be able to swap those out this week. another 830 will be my last resort
  4. G

Assistance with disc enclosure to R630/MD1400

We’re you ever able to figure this out? I have the exact same problem. H830 doesn’t recognize any of the physical disks in the MD1400
  5. G

[FS] [USA-TX-AUSTIN] Supermicro X9DRi-F, dual Xeon E5-2670 V2, 32GB (4X8GB) ECC SAMSUNG 2Rx4 PC3-10600R

This was originally posted at r/homelabsales but also posting here I have a Supermicro X9DRi-F board, dual E5-2670 V2's and 32GB RAM for sale. Everything is in good, working condition....just need to clear out excess parts. The board comes with SAS breakout cables, IO shield and one SATA cable...
  6. G

WTB - 2 Mellanox ConnectX-2 10gbe SFP+

@nthu9280 that would be great. Please let me know
  7. G

WTB - 2 Mellanox ConnectX-2 10gbe SFP+

Should've jumped on the 10gbe train when these were dirt cheap! looking to setup and test 10gbe at home and figure i'd start small. I've got another Quadro P2000 for trade as well if you have an entire 10gbe setup (switch, cables, transceivers, etc.)
  8. G

[FS][US-AL] Spring Cleaning Sale (Servers, Combos, etc)

Curious what the point of the DP 4k dummy plug was?
  9. G

WTB - Gigabyte GA-7PESH2

haha, thanks @BLinux i did comment on his thread and PM'd him. hoping he's still active
  10. G

WTB - Gigabyte GA-7PESH2

Hi all, hoping someone has one available ready for V2 xeons. I'm Paypal ready. I do have a Quadro P2000 as trade bait if that helps. Edit - found one, thank you!
  11. G

Gigabyte GA-7PESH2, 1 E5-2670 SR0KX and more

hey, where in TX are you? I'm interested in the Gigabyte board if it's still available. If close to Austin, can do local pickup
  12. G

Help identifying RAM

So I've been reading and researching and it does appear R and E are compatible. The only question now is whether I can mix the ranks of RAM - existing 2rx8 & 2rx4. 2rx8 is significantly more expensive.
  13. G

Help identifying RAM

Thank you @nthu9280 So 12800R means registered but it appears almost all Registered memory is ECC. If i've understood everything you said and my research so far, these modules from Ebay should work.
  14. G

Help identifying RAM

Hi all, I have an Intel S2600CP system board and looking to upgrade my RAM from 32GB to 64GB. The problem is my current RAM has 2 stickers on it (pictures below). I understand Crucial is owned by Micron, but am I relegated to only this brand of memory? I've been shopping for cheaper 8GB sticks...
  15. G

EU FS: 35x Hynix 16gb PC3-14900R 1866MHz DDR3 ECC RAM Memory

Can you or someone confirm any of this RAM will be compatible with my board? It's an Intel S2600CP . If compatible, I'll be happy to take 16 sticks off your hands. I can't determine by reading the manual that this RAM could work. Another set of eyes would greatly be appreciated. Link to the...