Search results

1. F

All SSD home NAS / SAN for VMware

Hi guys I was looking for some recommendations on what I could use software wise to provide storage to my VMware Lab, this is the kit I have: 2 x Dell R710s running VMware ESXi 6 (one with 288GB RAM, the other a measily 48GB but soon to be upgraded), both have 6 x 450GB 15K SAS drives and 2 x...
  2. F

Physical Switch recommendations for SDN / OpenFlow Lab?

Hi all I am hoping someone can give me some advice on a cheap (ish) eBay sourced switch that I could add to my SDN / OpenFlow lab. I already have the Cisco CSR1000V, Juniper vSRX etc but I really wanted to add some physical hardware into the mix that supports OpenFlow and if possible VTEP /...
  3. F

My home lab

Hi all I wanted to post my ever changing lab here, its not quite in the same league as some of you guys but its ever evolving :D Network Cisco 2651 Gigabit Router Cisco 2611XM Router (junk) Dell PowerConnect 5324 (iSCSI) NetExtreme Summit 400-48T NetExtreme Summit 400-48T Cisco MDS-9020...
  4. F

Infiniband questions :)

Hi all I'm new to this forum but have been reading it for a while and I have this forum to thank (much to the missus disgust lol) for all the money I have just spent on a basic IB setup for home, this is what I have purchased: 1. Voltaire GridDirector 9024D (not M) - I plan on getting a QDR...