Search results

1. G

Are cheap 2.5Gb managed PoE switches not a thing?

It was a little odd but you kind of message with someone and if you ask for a sample they probably will let you order just one.
  2. G

Are cheap 2.5Gb managed PoE switches not a thing?

I don't know why that particular combination is so rare. I ended up going to Alibaba (product link) and actually purchasing a Sirivision S25G2109FP which is an 8x 2.5Gb web managed PoE switch with 1 SFP+ slot since no Amazon or Aliexpress resellers seem to have picked up on this gap yet. It was...
  3. G

Need Advise on Network & Hardware

sic0048's answer above is a good explanation of what you should consider in this scenario. I do your option #2 and for the blue arrow I'm using a mellanox cx311a in a pcie 3.0 x4 slot in an HP SFF, and a 2.5Gb intel NIC for the link to the ISP. If you want to do any firewalling between your...
  4. G

Low Power 10 Gigabit NVMe server?

Given the things you dislike about the current setup, you could look for an HP Elitedesk 800 G4 SFF chassis and migrate the i7-8700, RAM, and storage to it. You should be able to find a barebones one for under $100 and less if you are patient. The system specs are here and it has a PCIEv3 x16...
  5. G

Firewall with good management for many policies

I'll link to my reply on the fwbuilder alternatives thread from a while back and suggest considering the open source Capirca tool. While it lacks a GUI, it supports objects in objects, the concept of include files for embedding re-used policies across many policies, and compiles rules into...
  6. G

FWBuilder - alternatives

Capirca is open source and actively developed and compiles simple text policies into dozens of firewall vendor formats including iptables, ipset, nftables, and speedway (iptables-save/restore format) and a bunch of commercial vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, PA. See the quick start guide for a...