Search results

1. S

Cheap desktop case that will fit supermicro E-ATX 12 x 13 motherboard

Yeah, most of them, but not all of them. I’m thinking about drilling holes for all of MB’s mounting holes.
  2. S

Cheap desktop case that will fit supermicro E-ATX 12 x 13 motherboard

Fractal Design Define XL R2 fits x9dri-ln4f, but there is not too much space between case top and MB top. I have a Deepcool Maelstorm 120K and it doesn’t fit with that MB. You will also have to pave the power supply cables on the front of your MB.
  3. S

Supermicro X9DRi-F BMC woun't enable

If anyone is interested in this story conclusion, we’ve found the cause of BMC failure, thanks to RageBone. So LM1 inductor, providing filtering for BMC clock generator power supply was broken and clock generator has no power. Temporarily fixed this with a wire.
  4. S

I've contacted to the seller and he told me, that warranty repair for commercial hardware may take up to 90 days, so I didn't pass it to them. I'm thinking about bying used ASUS Z9-PE, it cost near $200 in Moscow. I don't actually have any experience in server motherboards, but this one appears...
  5. S

If you say so - I'll try to measure UM2 voltages as accurate as possible and provide you with the video so you will see that I do it right :) But I cannot tell you when I'd be able to do this.
  6. S

First of all, I thought that I might broke some components with cables, but they look ok. You may check out the image if I haven't noticed something. Second of all - there are 3.3 SB supply on all areas you marked with orange, but there is 5V standby on only 1 point of 3 you marked with purple...
  7. S

Thank you! CPU waterblock does not have mount for narrow-ILM intel so i took AMD mount and it fits ok ahahahah) With BMC not working i get 71 celsius under full load for each E5-2690, it looks good. I'd like to design my own watercooling system driven by microcontroller in order to control pump...
  8. S

About my interest. My grandfather was working as engineer and tester of various electronics. I was watching him, fixing some devices for all my childhood. After school I was studying "computer hardware engineering", but then realized, that software engineering has much more opportunities so when...
  9. S

I am currently working on that PC, so I can't replace the motherboard right now. I suppose it would be possible in 1-2 months. I agree, that there is no need to fix it by myself as I may just replace it. It was just interest.
  10. S

Maybe you know, is there a way to get this unit schematics (I mean BMC)? Maybe the problem is with only 1 broken element. I checked capacitors - no one of them look like near to blow, but other elements may be checked with proper tools only. I'll try to re-mesure their voltages with proper...
  11. S

Sure. I'll write here about what happen next.
  12. S

I think "reasonable effort" for you isn't the same as "reasonable effort" for me as I don't have experience and equipment. Can you please tell me, what does RMA mean?
  13. S

Does "SB" mean south bridge? Excuse me, I'm not native speaker and some hardware terms sound vaguely for me. Is it real to fix it at home with copper only? I've been taught the basics of electronics and looks like there is some kind of "linear stablilizer" (rough russian-english translation)...
  14. S

Checked pcb - it looks ok. The color is solid, no cracks or any other signs of damage. I believed it is some kind of software issue related to BIOS or BMC, but as I understand, oscillator must work all the time power is on?
  15. S

If my motherboard broke - I still have guarantee on it as only 10 months have passed since I bought it so I cant return it to seller. I've just turned VGA on and turned PC on - after regular "OK" beeps I got 5 long beeps, which means, that video signal is redirected to offboard video adapter...
  16. S

I took GND from left pin in 4-pin fan connector - again no voltage on any of UM2 pins. PC is turned on.
  17. S

I put my multimeter's GND into one of MOLEX and all UM2 pins show no voltage (
  18. S

Unfortunately, my multimeter doesn't support frequency measurement, I'll try to check the voltage only. Don't you know, what contact is marked with the triangle?
  19. S

The first thing I thought about when BMC didn't start - that disabled VGA is connected with BMC somehow, as IPMI web interface contains screen capture. After enabling VGA BMC didn't start. But I similarly can't enable VGA btw. Yes, I have a multimeter. What should I measure?
  20. S

I also thought that i's just jumper configuration issue, but I checked out with the manual and tried to re-short pins - it didn't help. UPD. I don't know, why message contains duplicated photos - there were only 4 photos when I submitted the form