Search results

1. L

Moving Freenas to Dell R710 with Fiber channel disk shelf

Earlier this year I purchased a Dell R710, a NetApp RA-1402 DS14 and a Dell QLogic QLE2564 8GB Four Port Fibre Channel HBA. My goal was to move my freenas system composed of a home built PC with 12 sata drives in it to a more robust platform suited for a home backup server. When I assembled...
  2. L

Help choosing the right switch for new house

My wife and I are in the process of building a house. Part of the process is adding a security system which means that we will need a bigger switch to handle the cameras as well as our two servers. Our current setup looks something like this: AT&T Modem-> PFSense Firewal -> Unifi 8 Port POE...
  3. L

Advise for network security in new house

Hello, My wife and I are early in the process of having a house built. It should be complete sometime in April. We currently have a pfsense firewall, ubiquity wap, and switches capable of providing VLANs (one ubiquity and one cisco). Our goal is to have some "light" home automation as well...
  4. L

Looking for router advice before moving to AT&T fiber

Hello, My wife and I have a white box running freenas and a dell poweredge R710 running a few VMs for backups, plex, and misc other tasks. After we added the R710 I started to realize the limitations of our Verizon fios router and began to research alternatives that would enable me to run...