Search results

1. H

Dell R730XD: CPU temps are different, seems to be a socket issue

Just to re-enforce the lesson, I learned the exact same thing after moving disks around when I got my r730xd as well.
  2. H

Inspur-branded LSI9300-8i for $50

Interestingly, it looks like the one I ordered a few weeks ago was already cross-flashed to the Avago Firmware/BIOS. An older version, so I updated the BIOS/FW to the current.
  3. H

[FS] [US-NYC] Supermicro system and MB/CPU/MEM combos

Before someone else asks, have the two Atom systems been repaired/are they newer than the well-known C2000 problem?
  4. H

CDIR and SPF for mail servers on DNS records , whats the corresponding to cover last 2 IP4 digits, ex: 192.168.x.x

Sorry no idea here, my expertise is on email delivery side...
  5. H

CDIR and SPF for mail servers on DNS records , whats the corresponding to cover last 2 IP4 digits, ex: 192.168.x.x

The text records look like correctly formatted domainkey selector DNS records, yes.
  6. H

If you are sending no other mail from firmname.com other than GoDaddy, your SPF record for firmname.com should be: v=spf1 include:secureserver.net -all The 'include:secureserver.net' tells the SPF look up to that domain to see what addresses they are sending from. Record source...
  7. H

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

Is there anyway to use the RJ45 COM port on a WooYi G30-N5105 as an actual serial port, rather than just console redirection? APC's MODBUS stuff works so much better over serial than USB (on pfSense).
  8. H

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I've got a ICX6450-48 that the fan doesn't spin down on, where should I be looking? Already verified that I'm at the recommended bootroom/switch code.
  9. H

Sun F40/F80 to Seagate WarpDrive firmware (RAID Mode)

What should the SP number be? I finally got my F80 working again, but the VPD is empty.
  10. H

Supermicro 3x 5.25" to 5x 3.5" HDD enclosure (sas or sata) ~ $106.25-$125 (new'ish)

As I recall its got 4 x 5.25 bays, so only one unit. I can fit maybe another 5 drives in the box in various locations. It's just a receive target for my main zfs pool on another system, so I don't spend much time fiddling with it. Its on about an hour a day,
  11. H

Supermicro 3x 5.25" to 5x 3.5" HDD enclosure (sas or sata) ~ $106.25-$125 (new'ish)

I've got mine in an old Antec P183v2, no bending/cutting required.
  12. H

My bad, I didn't read closely enough.
  13. H

Just FYI, you can can get these drop shipped from Supermicro via Bottom Line Technologies for $127/ea. But you'll have to wait on SM. It took them several weeks to ship my CSE-M35TQB.
  14. H

Supermicro X10-SRi-F showing onboard NICs with all zeros for mac addresses

I got a board secondhand, with an old BIOS and IPMI. Updated both before even installing the board in the case, and now that I'm trying to bring the system up, the nics aren't detected. They don't even show up in lspci. In the IPMI interface, they are listed as all zeros for both. Anyone...
  15. H

X10SRL-F bad RAM slot or defective CPU?

Shout out to this thread. I picked up an x10SRL-F and a e5 v4 CPU and got a DIMM1D error message when I booted the system after installing in the case. Swapped memory, no change. Found this thread, booted the board/cpu/memory combo outside the case, no problems.
  16. H

The Juniper EX-2300c is the other switch that seems to occupy the same space.
  17. H

Supermicro(s) post hangs on code 42

My SYS-5018A-FTN4 was fine too for a long time. And then in February it wasn't. I got the same hung at POST (I think my code was different). I opened a case with Supermicro and ending up getting the board replaced (even with advanced replacement). I'd contact Supermicro with a list of the...
  18. H

The Intel Atom C2000 Series Bug – Why it is so quiet

The A1SRi-2758F in my 5018a-FTN4 died several weeks ago (bought second hand on eBay). I tried setting up an RMA directly citing the AVR54 bug, and it was denied as "Out Of Warranty". I went back a couple of weeks later submitted a support case with the same information, that they then asked me...
  19. H

My humble 10Watt server put AWS EB2 to shame!

Your methodology is a little flawed, because you are testing against a Burstable instance type (t2 or t3). There's a whole CPU credit thing that depending on how you launched the system has wildly different impact. The T family have some other behaviors that are configured for their intended...
  20. H

I purchased a 6430-24 because it was fanless.