Search results

1. O

Haswell vs Avoton for Mini-ITX NAS?

Freenas/zfs benchamrsk please make a raidz2, a share and do some cifs transfers rebuilds scrubs Also check power consumption.
  2. O

Asrock C226 ITX soon

Thanks for your report. That is the first time I saw idle power numbers. How did you measure? Hoping mine will come in lower. I ordered a G3220 and will use a Kill A Watt EDIT: I saw before your edit idle power 30W. 23W is better!
  3. O

Asrock C226 ITX soon

Good luck getting confirmation on that. It may be part of the PCI-e spec, meaning it *should work* if you can confirm that.
  4. O

Asrocks new C2750 & C2550 boards (12 SATA ports and IPMI).

Patrick, I posted about your issue with booting FreeNAS on the asrock board on the freenas forum: STH's take on the new Avotons | FreeNAS Community They suggested disabling features and components in the BIOS that are not necessary. Did you happen to do any troubleshooting?
  5. O

Dang, I am really starting to get anxios about this. I want to get my build going. Still no pricing information on these boards, and the supermicro board has shown up for cheaper then expected. Does anyone know if the supermicro board boots with FreeNAS?
  6. O

Ouch, so it could be near or in December before we see the C2550 version. :-( Thanks for the update.
  7. O

What's happened to this board? It's mid October and not even a sign of pricing, let alone availability. How about FreeBSD compatibility? (FreeNAS)
  8. O

I would like to know if you can run FREENAS on these. Will it support the ethernet, and other controllers? Also test ZFS performance: scrub, rebuild, ethernet transfers with RAID z2 Thank you