Search results

1. N

e810-CQDA2 woes.

As an update for posterity or something, efi attempts were also unsuccessful for the same reasons/issues as w/the other update methods.
  2. N

e810-CQDA2 woes.

I tried it out and I'm having no current joy. After the install.bat it claimed the driver was already loaded (I've subsequently tried the forcing option w/no delta). The intelfw.bat u took like a second and returned no xml output as your example shows. I did try the i option for...
  3. N

e810-CQDA2 woes.

One thing I have discovered wrt the woes I was having with the card not ever getting an IP/moving packets. Normally/nominally there are green status LEDs that illuminate when all is well around the cage(s) with active tranceivers. Turns out that on one machine (R9 5950X) things are occurring...
  4. N

e810-CQDA2 woes.

I'll certainly give that a shot. Thanks. I have stumbled upon one of the reasons why I wasn't having any joy wrt to moving packets/getting an ip. So I need to investigate that a bit and see if that can be resolved.
  5. N

Intel E810: Available breakout modes

Very nice. Interesting! I was looking for MCX623106AN-CDAT. I could have sworn I saw an adapter on fs.com in a sanity check before posting that. Given that I can't reproduce that, must be an eyesight issue on my part. Apologies. I guess I'll have to look into getting a couple.
  6. N

Thanks for the clarification! Also wrt ConnectX-6 how's the heat? I've tended to stay away from the Mellanox boards due to posts indicating they run blazing hot even w/decent airflow. Has this improved or does it continue to be an issue? The larger issue, for me, would be module...
  7. N

For the -CQDA2 variant is that total bandwidth dynamic in all modes or cap'd at each port regardless of the presence/link state of the other cage's module? For instance if the config is set for 2x1x100 and there's only 1 100G module (other cage is empty) is the maximum throughput going to be...
  8. N

e810-CQDA2 woes.

Thanks for looking/responding in any case. I tried the windows route. On the plus side epct doesn't vend the corrupted port settings output and I can actually get expected/reasonable output and change the port configuration. I am still unable flash the fw. Doesn't say it can't find the card...
  9. N

e810-CQDA2 woes.

Sadly still not joy. :( ubuntu@ubuntu:~/Downloads/E810_v4_40/Linux_x64$ cat nvmupdate.cfg CURRENT FAMILY: 1.0.0 CONFIG VERSION: 1.20.0 ; NIC device BEGIN DEVICE DEVICENAME: E810_CQDA2_O_SEC_FW VENDOR: 8086 DEVICE: 1592 SUBVENDOR: 8086 SUBDEVICE: 000B NVM IMAGE...
  10. N

e810-CQDA2 woes.

I hadn't seen anything about EPCT requiring their driver. Not that that's not true, I just hadn't seen anything to indicate such. I know their bootutility requires a special qvlinux driver and will actively complain if it's not present. Presumably there would be similar notification(s) if...
  11. N

e810-CQDA2 woes.

They were sold as genuine Intel, not DELL rebrands, but the SUBDEVICE, 000B, aligns w/nothing in the Intel supplied fw bundle but aligns perfectly w/the Dell fw. Based on the X710 process I kinda pieced together the workings of the file. Between the Intel nvmupdate.cfg and the one from the...
  12. N

e810-CQDA2 woes.

I've discovered a few things. The first thing is these turned out to be DELL cards which is why the intel bundled fw doesn't work. I can't seem to find any crossflashing instructions for the e810 series (the x710 appears promising though). However even going w/the DELL's fw I get the groin...
  13. N

e810-CQDA2 woes.

I can't tell if my cards are busted in some way or if they are just WAI and endemically just suck. The cards are detected and, w/some Mellanox 10G modules, link up and txfer packets. If I use 100G Arista modules, I get dmesg driver issues about unsupported modules. [ 8077.500316] ice...
  14. N

Gigabyte MZ72-HB0 rev. 4.0

Thanks. Is there anything 'McSpecial/secret' wrt to getting this board to do anything beyond a green blinking BMC led? I have QVL cpus and RAM in the board, shorting pin 11 (power switch) to pin 13 (GND) on the FP1 header does nothing. The cpu fans don't spin, absolutely zero evidence of...
  15. N

Gigabyte MZ72-HB0 rev. 4.0

Ebay appears to have a good supply of rev 1 and some rev 3 boards. The price delta between them is vast. Is there any material reasoning/difference that I should pay the uplift (~50-100%) for a rev 3 board or rev 1 will be perfectly fine? Especially any issues with memory; initial population...
  16. N

Anyone tried the Emulex OneConnect 14000 series?

I picked up a couple Emulex OCE14102-UX-D and some Dell 10G fiber transceivers. I guess it was _only_ a wasted $100ish. <sigh> I don't understand why this is such a difficult thing. I just want a verified model card that does duty as a hardware iscsi initiator. Even the seller had nf clue. :/...
  17. N

Do you have a model for a standard pci-e variant of the Dell card, (non mez)? And associated transceiver? I'm not married to any specific card per se. I just need something that allows for iscsi initiator config because it seems MS have elected to not have initiator support w/in Win11 Pro...
  18. N

Apologies for the exhumation here, but this very thing has come up for me as well. I still can't find out much about them, esp NX vs UX other than I typically see the NX for $1K USD _less_. This leads me to believe it may be hobbled in some way. I am particularly wanting to use these for...
  19. N

Anyone familiar w/Dell PowerVault MD3060E?

Greetings, I've just acquired one of these and I'm having an odd issue but I don't have, nor can I find, any examples/comparables to determine if all is behaving as it should (even though it's weird) or if this is truly an issue. In the latter case, I can just send it back. (ebay) In any...
  20. N

NetApp DE6600 disk shelf as regular JBOD?

Pardon the exhumation of this thread here, but I have been searching for an answer to this as well. Can a stock DE6600 be hooked up w/its IOMs (sff8644/sff8088 ports) to a typical lsi/avago/broadcom 9305-16e (for instance) and the HBA will see all 60 disks in a fully populated shelf? If new...