Search results

1. P

Canada FS Asrock rack X570D4I-2T

Selling a new in box never used asrock rack X570D4I-2T itx motherboard. Picked this up a couple of months ago however plans have changed and that project has been put on the backburner for a while. Asking 450$ CND plus shipping
  2. P

Canada Netgear XS708T 10gb switch

Selling my netgear xs708T 10gb rackmount switch. Has 8 rj45 10gb ports, two of those are shared with the sfp+ ports. Have owned it since new, no issues with it just not using it anymore asking 530$ CND/395$US shipped to Canada or US
  3. P

Canada FS WD 10tb HD and procurve 1810 switch

selling a couple of items I have laying around. Price do not include shipping and are in Canadian dollars WD gold 10tb hard drive - 350$ HP procurve 1810 24g gigabit switch 100$ Will consider reasonable offers
  4. P

QNAP now selling Nbase-T 10gbe switches

Just saw over on amazon that QNAP has a couple of NBase-T switches for sale now. Could be interesting however they are unmanaged. Comes with rackmounts and appear to be fairly quiet the larger one is rated at 18.7 dB(A) Smaller one is 8 ports 10gbe sfp+ with 4 of those shared with Nbase-T...
  5. P

QNAP qm2 dual M2 cards with 10gb networking

Just saw these cards from QNAP one version for sata m2 drives and the other for nvme m2 drives. Wondering if anyone here has used them and if yes what your thoughts were. Also anyone know if these might be windows compatible? Looks like they would be a bit short on pcie lanes as the specs are...
  6. P

Canada Ebay bucks now in Canada

So just saw on the ebay.ca main page that they are offering sign up for ebay bucks in Canada now. First time i am seeing them up here as previously it was only for US accounts. Will be nice to get them to go along with the ebates.ca cashback
  7. P

Thermaltake core x5 and U2 drives warning

Just finished part of my new build and figured I would give anyone who is considering using a Thermaltake core X5 case and 2.5” nvme drives a heads up. These drives will not work in the 2.5” drive mounts that are included, unfortunately the U2 cable will not fit while the drive is mounted at...
  8. P

20% off almost everything on eBay canada and US 3/9

Min 25$ purchase and max 100$ savings till 11 eastern tonight code is PSPRING20 Today Only: 20% Off Everything!*
  9. P

WTB Mellanox low profile bracket

Looking for a Mellanox low profile dual 10gb SFP+ bracket. If you have one laying around that you dont need would be interested in buying it from you Thanks
  10. P

HP Microserver Gen10

So i just ordered up a new base model HP Microserver Gen10 to play with. Anyone else here use them? If yes any hints or tips? Current plans are to have it as a file server and AD server with 4x 3.5" data drive and a single SSD though i might drop one of the data drives to add in a second SSD...
  11. P

Canada Ubiquiti deals

Came across a couple of decent deals on Ubiquiti network equipment at AuctionMax today. Note that they normally do price drops on their items weekly if they do not sell so it is possible that the price on these will go lower if nobody buys them however that is a risk on the lower stock items...
  12. P

Canada Intel 750 NVME SSD drives

Looks like Canada Computers is clearing out their U2 format Intel 750 NVME ssd drives 400GB $288.88 - in store only ( looks like only open box available which should get an additional 10% off) Intel SSD 750 Series 400GB 2.5'' NVMe PCIe 3.0 Solid State Drive (SSDPE2MW400G4X1) Retail Box 800GB...
  13. P

Canada Juniper EX4300-24p POE+ switch with 10gbe module - sold

Downsizing a bit my network equipment so selling off my juniper ex4300-24p. Has 24 gig ports and 4x 40gbe ports built in and Includes the quad port 10gb sfp+ module and a single 715w psu Asking 675$US shipped to Canada or US - sold Will also consider trades for unifi switches or router...
  14. P

Buffalo 8/12 port N-baseT/10gb switches

Just saw this over on another site. Buffalo has release 8 and 12 port versions of a 10gb rackmount switch with 2.5gb and 5gb support BS-MP2012 BS-XP2008-EU Amazon is showing then as being available for 600$ for the 8 port and 700$ for the 12 port Amazon.com: BUFFALO BS-MP2012 12-Port Multi...
  15. P

10gb cat6 nics are becoming more mainstream

So looks like Asus just released a standalone since port 10gb nic for 100-120$. Looks like it is just a repackage of what they were already bundling with some of their motherboards. I have the older version and have not had any issues with it. Specs have it drawing only 6.5w and it also...
  16. P

RPD software assistance

Looking for RDP compatible software that will allow for which screens are given over to the RDP session. Need to start using RDP for work and would like to be able to just say use these monitors rather than messing with screen res for the rdp session
  17. P

Quiet server rack enclosures

Looking to pick up a sound deadening server rack. Ideally somewhere in the 8-13U range for size. Anyone have any recomendations?
  18. P

iStarUSA WQ-990

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this server rack? Looking at possibly getting a sound deadening rack cabinet and this one looks like it would fit the bill for what i need here at home. Also would be willing to consider any others around the 9-13u range. Server Racks & Server...
  19. P

Starwind VSAN Free restrictions removed

So it would appear that Starwind has just removed almost almost all the restrictions that they have had on their Free offering in terms of nodes and capacity. Free version is command line only and no virtual tape library vs having VTL and full management tools on the paid version. Also Free...
  20. P

UBNT 10gbe EdgeRouter Infinity

UBNT has recently added their new 10gbe router to the beta store and it is already sold out. There has also been confirmation in the Unifi beta forums that there is a Unifi version currently in testing with some of their employees. EdgeRouter Infinity 1u rackmount, has 8 SFP+ ports and one...