Search results

1. G

[SOLD][USA-MD] 4x Nvidia Titan V

I have 4x Titan V for sale that I’ve been using for compute/ML/AI type projects. These have exceptional FP64 performance (5-6x faster than 4090 in pure FP64 loads) and great power efficiency. The rear I/O shield has been modified for better airflow through the card. $525 shipped each in the...
  2. G

Proof that Asrock (and SM, others) are/were gatekeeping Milan on cheaper boards for no reason

I asked about this here and to Asrock directly in the past for Milan support on Asrock EPYC series motherboards (and H11 SM boards), which are much cheaper than AR ROME or SM H12 boards, especially if you don't care about PCIe gen 4.0. I was met with excuses and nonsensical arguments and an...
  3. G

[US-MD][WTB] Titan V EK waterblocks

looking for at least two, maybe more EKWB EK-FC waterblock for the Titan V. can be the Plexi+Nickel, or Acetal+Nickel, either is fine BNIB is a plus, but not necessary. Used is ok as long as you have the single slot I/O bracket and the thermal pads and it doesn't leak or anything
  4. G

[FS][USA-MD] 2x AMD EPYC 7402P, 64GB DDR4-3200 RDIMMs, Damaged H11DSi-NT v2.0

Have some extra stuff I’m looking to find a new home. Shipping to US only. If you’re really interested in something, intl shipping cost can be discussed in PM. Timestamps: $375 shipped each - 2xAMD EPYC 7402P SOLD 24 core, 48 thread -7002 EPYC Rome Psku = 1P only 3.35GHz max boost, and...
  5. G

E5v4 Xeon vs EPYC AI acceleration? (CPU utilization differences between platforms)

So I do a lot of BOINC processing, and with a particular application on the GPUGRID project, I'm seeing wildly different CPU utilizations that seems to be related to the Intel vs AMD platforms. The same behavior has been confirmed with lower end AMD (3000/5000-series) consumer parts also. The...
  6. G

[FS][USA-MD] EPYC 7402P, SOLD

AMD EPYC 7402P, not vendor locked. Price: $450 shipped SOLD(US only, extra based on location for international) pic:
  7. G

[USA] [WTB] Supermicro 4U 24-bay chassis

looking for one of these. ebay is filled with tons of the 36-bay and 45-bay variants, but those only have 2U of space for the MB/CPU area and I want 4U to be able to add GPUs and generally just have more space. anyone have one for sale? really want just the chassis itself with all drive trays...
  8. G

SOLD [USA] FS: EPYC 7502, non-P, non ES/QS, not vendor locked

Have an EPYC 7502 for sale. Was previously used in an AsRock Rack EPYCD8 board in one of my HPC/BOINC systems. I’m repurposing that system and no longer need this processor. Non-P, can be paired with another 7502 in a dual socket system. Not vendor locked. Can be used in any compatible system...
  9. G

cheap 4-5 port 10Gb (base-T/copper) and 1Gb combo switch?

do any switches like this exist? I only really need 2 10gBase-T ports (10Gb IN and 1 device 10Gb) , and the others can be 1Gb. I have three systems at the same location, my main workstation/desktop that I want 10GB to, and my work laptop and testbench which are fine on the 1Gb connection. My...
  10. G

Supermicro H11DSi-NT and EPYC 7V12 compatibility

Just for future reference, does anyone know conclusively if the Supermicro H11DSi-NT (r2.0) is compatible with the EPYC 7V12 CPU? I know the 7V12 CPU is a vendor specific CPU for Azure, and that Supermicro doesn't specifically list the 7V12 probably for this reason, but I just wanted to know...
  11. G

Do EPYC Milan CPUs even exist for sale?

Having a hard time finding these for sale anywhere outside of full server solutions from a vendor like Dell. AMD's shop only lists Rome and Naples parts. no Milan parts on Newegg or Amazon. is AMD trying to keep these out of the hands of DIYers or something? not even a single ES chip on ebay...
  12. G

Asrock wont support EPYC Milan on the EPYCD8/EPYCD8-2T

I contacted them inquiring about a BIOS update to support Milan on this board. The tech handling my inquiry (William Lee) indicated that they will not support Milan on this board, but instead will support on the [much more expensive] ROMED8-2T. It seems this is probably a "business" decision to...
  13. G

FS : [USA-MD] Supermicro X9DRX+-F w/ 2x E5-2667v2, ASUS P9X79-E WS w/ E5-1680v2

1. I have a Supermicro X9DRX+-F for sale. Comes with 2x Intel Xeon E5-2667v2 CPUs 8c/16t (total of 16 cores and 32 threads) The motherboard is rev.1.02, and has the latest 3.2 BIOS installed.Comes with Supermicro box and accessories. I bought the board brand new Jan 2019. the IPMI password has...
  14. G

ASRock Rack IPMI: How to disable alarms for a certain sensor?

So i just setup a system with an ASRock Rack EPYCD8 motherboard. I was messing around with where some fans were plugged into the motherboard, and after unplugging a fan and moving it to a different header, now i have a blinking red light on the motherboard where the fan was, and the IPMI...
  15. G

Where do the Supermicro yellow HDD trays come from? (eBay auctions)

So I see a lot of these SM cases on ebay, and several of them have yellow release tabs on the HDD trays. every SM case i've seen that was all original has a more burgundy color HDD tray release tab. example: SuperMicro 4U CSE-846 24 Bay SAS2 BP w/ X9DRi-F/2x 2x E5-2620 16GB 9266-8i | eBay...
  16. G

any PCIe x4 SFP+ NICs?

I'd like to add a 10Gb NIC to my main desktop. The motherboard is an EVGA z370 micro in a micro ATX chassis (4 I/O exp slots). My GPU takes more than 2 slots and obstructs the second x16 slot. but I do have a 3.0 x4 slot in the bottom slot. x4 should be enough to run a single 10Gb link (I only...
  17. G

Cisco Meraki MS22, good 10Gbe switch?

I’ve been looking for an affordable rackmount 10Gb switch to get my feet wet. I currently have an SG200-18. I have no need for PoE at this time. I’m seeing these Cisco Meraki switches on eBay and wondering if they are worth the ~$100 they are going for? I’m looking specifically at the 24-port...
  18. G

Looking for a SM chassis 2U with full-height PCIe expansion and takes ATX motherboard

Does this exist? Can anyone share a model number? basically something like this: SuperChassis 825MBTQC-R802WB but more affordable and takes a normal ATX or EATX motherboard and not some proprietary board. Basically I have a Plex transcode server setup for remote users, which transcodes on...
  19. G

Is this the C2000 bug? SM A1SRi-2758F wont POST

So I just picked up this Supermicro A1SRi-2758F from eBay, with the intention to build a pfsense box out of it. I got the board, and it came with a single stick of Crucial 4GB DDR3-1600 ECC SODIMM memory. the board is labelled v1.00. It was claimed to have been pulled from a "working system". I...
  20. G

WTB: Supermicro X9DRX+-F motherboard

looking for this board. let me know if anyone has one. thanks.