Search results

1. G

CPU Coolers for Threadripper 7000? Do Threadripper 5000 series fit?

thanks for confirmation. it's really weird that none of the cooler manufacturers post compatibility when you can see they are identical.
  2. G

Proof that Asrock (and SM, others) are/were gatekeeping Milan on cheaper boards for no reason

so far so good. the BIOS seems to work with ES processors also. a "7V13 ES" (100-000000425_37/24_N) works fine also.
  3. G

[SOLD][USA-MD] 4x Nvidia Titan V

sold for asking to some guy in TN via reddit.
  4. G

More VRAM More memory bandwidth, less latency More cores/SMs Much higher FP64 capability (about 17x faster) Generally better power efficiency. even for gaming (non-RT) the Titan V was always little stronger than 2080Ti. But realistically this is not a gaming card. These are best suited for...
  5. G

I have 4x Titan V for sale that I’ve been using for compute/ML/AI type projects. These have exceptional FP64 performance (5-6x faster than 4090 in pure FP64 loads) and great power efficiency. The rear I/O shield has been modified for better airflow through the card. $525 shipped each in the...
  6. G

SXM2 over PCIe

PCIe has been fine ever since I swapped out the Naples CPU, I’m thinking somethingn wrong with the CPU itself caused my problems there. but yeah, I think FIIZiK is taking the listed price at face value. I contacted several sellers listing AOM-SXMV for 1000rmb (138 USD) and they all first asked...
  7. G

SXM2 over PCIe

Post a link to a 130 dollar AOM-SXMV on taobao. I’ve looked and don’t really see anything. I see some board listings on Xianyu, but most sellers tell me they don’t have any in stock and only have the AOM-SXM2 board, which only supports the P100 and not the V100. Also you can't go by the listing...
  8. G

Proof that Asrock (and SM, others) are/were gatekeeping Milan on cheaper boards for no reason

I’ll let you know. so far been running 24hr under full load on Power determinism, Seems perfectly stable. This is only a 200W CPU though and not very stressful. This is a beta “lab” BIOS however, denoted with the L prefix. I might have concerns about a 280W CPU, as that might overwhelm the...
  9. G

SXM2 over PCIe

Yes and no. yes because that’s usually the config I was running, but no because I tried both ways and I had the problem either way.
  10. G

I think if it were trivial, someone would have done it by now. but at the same time, no need now that AsRock already did it and leaked it by accident. We finally have what they should have given in the first place.
  11. G

Everything you mentioned is 1st party decisions of products they directly control. what happened here was several 3rd party manufacturers collectively deciding to go against AMD’s plan for the platform. there is a difference, even if it seems similar. But if anyone wants this BIOS and not have...
  12. G

I disagree. I bought several boards new before the ROME boards were even released. And the messaging from AMD was that all SP3 boards would/could support Milan. So many consumers, myself included, had an appropriate assumption that they would be grandfathered in, only to be shafted by the board...
  13. G

Support all three generations like AMD said is possible/intended. SP3 was always supposed to bridge all three 7001/7002/7003 and their official platform does. Just the various manufacturers decided to cut off support for Milan for no reason to fleece the consumer. People who want/need gen4 would...
  14. G

This is fallacy #1 from my post. They already support all three versions on the ROME boards with different BIOS. They don’t only support 2 there.
  15. G

You do understand that they already have and created this bios and intentionally chose to hold it back right? Releasing this costs them nothing. lots of bootlicking going on here it seems
  16. G

SXM2 over PCIe

Naples CPU (or at least THIS particular cpu) seems to be the problem. swapped in a Milan CPU, plugged everything up the same, even the same motherboard. everything working normally. no errors, no slowdowns. running much faster than before even.
  17. G

I asked about this here and to Asrock directly in the past for Milan support on Asrock EPYC series motherboards (and H11 SM boards), which are much cheaper than AR ROME or SM H12 boards, especially if you don't care about PCIe gen 4.0. I was met with excuses and nonsensical arguments and an...
  18. G

SXM2 over PCIe

So i took the nuclear option and moved the whole GPU board to a different motherboard and setup. moved from my EPYCD8 motherboard (which has had issues with PCIe in the past, but worked fine with 4x Titan V in slots 1/3/5/7) to my X99 based test bench. though the test bench has it's own quirks...