Search results

1. C

MinisForum MS-01 : heating problem

Hello again, it seems i have a big trouble with heating. My ms-01 has been running unraid with no device (only ram and 1 usb key as array device ) during 2 or 3 days with no problems. Yesterday i received my hba (9300-8e) which i flashed to it firmware. Today i moved devices from old server to...
  2. C

need advice for hba/expander

I've been searching a das enclosure for a long time with no luck. I can't afford a rack enclosure so i'ill go for the well known silverstone ds 380. My "server" is a hp Z620. I've found the parts i need except for the sas part. I need an hba with external port which will match with mobo. I need...
  3. C

synology DX1215

I'm looking at synology DX1215. Does someone use it without a synology nas (with an hba ) ? I'm looking for the best way to expand my storage but can't use a rack. The dx1215 appears to have the best form factor for my use case but i read nothing about using it with "conventionnal" hba. For the...
  4. C

vm storage proxmox

I have 2 under powered proxmox node running out of memory and cpu with a load constantly above 2 or 3. I plan to replace them with an HP Z620 with 96Gb, 2xE5 2650v2. From what i read Z620 can't boot on a pcie nvme drive. I plan to install proxmox on a sata ssd. For the vm storage i hesitate...
  5. C

Plex setup and network share

Hi, I'am changing a bit my setup. Until now i had a proxmox vm dedicated as docker host. I had a plex docker container. Due to difficulties and lack of support for hardware acceleration i moved my plex setup in a lxc container. In 5 min i was able to setup hardware acceleration. But now i'm...
  6. C

Home network upgrading

It seems to me this post is more related to networking but if you disagree feel free to move it elsewhere. Until now my network has been a very simple flat one: a bridge dsl modem, a router (unifi usg3), a core switch (hp 2810-48G), an unmanaged poe switch (dlink dgs 1008P), an unmanaged switch...
  7. C

My little home lab

First of all, as it's my first post here, let me say i'm quite happy to have found this site and forum. It's really full of useful infos and advices. Like many of you i'm quite a geek but IT is not my job. I try to consolidate and upgrade my home equipment. Over the years i have accumulated...