Search results

1. C

MinisForum MS-01 : heating problem

reading post of igor's lab (link above) i'm not convinced by liquid metal. But if thermal paste has not been correctly spread in first place, repasting could make a difference. For now my problems are solved. There was another issue which was intel turbo boost in bios which was enabled. I'm not...
  2. C

Getting vPro remote KVM working on Minisforum MS-01

same here. It works with mesh central.
  3. C

Wadup tried. and he is happy with the result. As my ms-01 had been properly setup. It was time to test it under load. I throw a couple hundred files to transcode to hevc. For that i'm using tdarr and qsv. The result is quite disappointing. It does the job but quite slowly. I have an overall...
  4. C

Minisforum MS-01 PCIe Card and RAM Compatibility Thread

You can put a hba with proper ventilation
  5. C

I spent a lot of time digging around to find a heatsink for the hba. I haven't seen anything which suited me. I've seen people attaching a fan to the heatsink. But for interesting results it seems you need a 40x40x20 fan. There is not enough clearance for such a fan. I decided the best way to go...
  6. C

it looks like grafana; perhaps with prometheus and node exporter.
  7. C

It's running on my old unraid server: Docker And when the 2 servers are offline i use it on my mac (MeshCentral) With meshcommander i can't connect.
  8. C

From what I know you should Be able to use it in ubuntu. It’s nodejs. i use it on my mac and as docker on another server
  9. C

I use Meshcentral and i don't have Temps either.I guess it's not part of vpro. edit : it seems you have temps, current, voltage trough smbus access. Ipmi has that but not vpro
  10. C

I think I detect a bit of condescension in your comments. But deep down you're right thermal design is awful. Minisforum should review it and let options to add external blower or fans. If there are so many people to buy such things that's there's a market for these types of machines. For me...
  11. C

or you should remove the fans and put it in dielectric fluid bath :D:cool:
  12. C

So i made some more tests with temp probes. All tests without activity. Idle under unraid. with hba: temp above the hba (top of the case): 51+°C temp near the bracket of the hba (back of the case): 40+°C ssds temp 51 and 58 °C without hba: temp above the hba (top of the case): 33+°C temp near...
  13. C

good idea. I discuss my thermal concerns here
  14. C

yes a big heatsink for 4 ssd which cover the whole card and with fan on the plx chip. I'll do some more tries. I have to grab my temp probes. But the main problem is solved. For the record the ssd was in the way of the fan and i had to bend it down a little. the fan touch the ssd. I'll buy some...
  15. C

Completly agee with you. The specs are good but thermal design is awful. I would have made the case 3 or 4 cm thicker to have a much better airflow.
  16. C

i meant gen4 x4. On your pic you can see that you can remove spacer on 2280 size to fit a 22110 on gen3 ports. On the gen4 port you can't the spacer is not removable.
  17. C

I don’t know max temps from specs. In my z620 they idle at 30•c and under heavy load it rises to 60•c. In the ms01 it’s 20 to 25•c more when idle. No test under load so far.
  18. C

The 22110 I Want to use is for the pcie4 x4 port. The one where you can put a u.2 ssd not the wifi port.
  19. C

do you know the reference of the connector ? I'm looking for a compatible fan
  20. C

i read your post. For now i will not remove the heatsink and i have no experience with liquid metal.