Search results

1. A

SM XeonD boards and their molex + 8pin + 24pin Power connectors

But if you're using the 5xx-203B you might as well connect the 20-pin cable instead of messing with the jumper trick? Edit: oh just saw james23's comment on the 2u chassis hack
  2. A

Is there a x16 card with 4xNVME slots out there?

I'm using one of those highpoint ones (the quad U.2), has a PLX switch and works fine for me. Note that the Broadcom 9400 series exports the NVME drives as SCSI drives to the OS rather than native NVME. Not sure how much of a performance limitation that might be.
  3. A

SM XeonD boards and their molex + 8pin + 24pin Power connectors

To add to that, their mini-chassis (i.e. the E300) uses just the 8-pin connector to power it using a 12V DC brick. Regular chassis/PSU uses the 24-pin. Note that it also works with just a 4-pin installed into the 8-pin connector, or a 20-pin in the 24-pin connector. I definitely wouldn't try...
  4. A

SuperMicro E300

Regarding the Datto motherboard I think Patrick had a review somewhere where he said it required both 8-pin EPS and ATX, so you'd need a picoPSU or something to use it in this, plus the back I/O plate will not fit well I suspect -- one of the screws for the top panel of this case screws into a...
  5. A

SuperMicro E300

I recently bought this case from NewEgg (note the one sold by NewEgg themselves which is maybe $10 more expensive than the cheapest, I figured that one was the most likely to come with all the accessories -- I checked with one guy on eBay who was selling it brand new and he said no riser card...