Search results

1. Leemur

Redoing my Proxmox server

Hi all, I am in the process of re-doing my proxmox server and thought you guys might had some input. I use it to run various game servers, web applications, Mail server, MariaDB, Emby and Nextcloud. Current setup: MB: SuperMicro X11SSH-LN4F CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1275 v5 @ 3.60GHz...
  2. Leemur

Ceph very slow writes

I would personally avoid any Samsung Evo SSD's in a ceph cluster. The problem is the way the disks are built; the disk it self have poorly write speeds and therefor Samsung have put a few GB (size depends on model and size of disk) of fast write cache in front of it. This works fine when used...
  3. Leemur

Ceph very slow writes

Your main problem is the samsung SSDs, they are known to be very slow for CEPH journal, it can be less than 1MB/Sec. I have been figthing the exact same problem on a Ceph cluster I took over from somebody else. For now I have moved all journals back to the HDDs and are seeing improved write...
  4. Leemur

The Black Box - Journey of a DIY rack

As I have upgraded the servers and started running them in a cluster I have found out that there is not enough air coming in for all of the servers and I also waste 2U on a switch and a PDU. At my old workplace I had access to an APC Netshelter CX, so this have been my inspiration for the 4th...
  5. Leemur

I had to do something about the noise when I moved in with my girlfriend (now wife). So I started looking at different noise dampening product but had no idea what frequencies I needed to cancel out and it would be to expensive to buy different products and try them out. I then found some old...
  6. Leemur

The second version solved the above problems by being built around a wood frame and the doors was as a frame with an insect net to avoid dust bunnies. Problems with the second version: No noise cancellation
  7. Leemur

I have noticed that several person have either created or have a plan to create there own rack so I thought that I would share my experience. At some point (around 2009 I believe) I managed to get hold of a few rack servers and therefore needed a proper home for them. I started to look around...
  8. Leemur

14U Ikea closed server rack ...

It would defiantly be good to learn from each other. Maybe you should create a separate thread with your project?
  9. Leemur

14U Ikea closed server rack ...

That looks awesome. I am in the process of doing something similar and was wondering if you would share the code for the arduino, the schematics and a component list? You also mentioned that you tried several sound dampers; what did you end up using?
  10. Leemur

Suggestion/input for server re-configuration/upgrade

Hardware list: note: only 2 servers (all-in-one + offsite backup) will be running do to noise and power usage.
  11. Leemur

Suggestion/input for server re-configuration/upgrade

Hi everybody, I have been lurking around on Serve The Home for quite some years and thought it was time to join the fun and pick some brains :). I am not sure where to put this as it covers a few of the sub forums. I am currently in the progress of re-configuring my home server with the...
  12. Leemur

Pfsense 2.0.3 release to 2.1.0 automatic upgrade

Hi OBasel, I upgraded the other day without problems, but always take a backup before doing a change like that; either within Pfsense or a snapshot of the system.