Search results

1. S

[WTB] 8GB DDR3 ECC R-DIMMs (suggestions appreciated)

Late on this one, DIMMs arrived in excellent time and the whole thing was a pleasant transaction! They have been operational for a number of weeks now and my pesky memory crashes have disappeared. Thank you!
  2. S

Fantastic! Sent you a PM. I still appreciate others chiming in on this!
  3. S

Looking for some 8GB DDR3 ECC PC3-10600 R-DIMMS, I bought off of DrMemory in the UK but as time has gone on almost 50% of them have proven to be faulty causing a server crash (in different slots) on my X9DRi-LN4F+ based server. I'm in the market for quantities totaling between 32GB-64GB...
  4. S

What are my options for SAS2 Expansion?

Ohhh! I had not known this, I guess the best move here would be to first get a HBA card to test the waters and replace the backplane later if necessary and move from there. This has likely saved me a good chunk of change :D
  5. S

Am I interpreting this correctly in reading this as the BPN-SAS-826A is SAS version agnostic? If so why does it so frequently appear at a fraction of the cost of the BPN-SAS2-826EL1? Very true hahaha, I've found the noise quite manageable so far just benching it and testing out software on it...
  6. S

Thanks, that's got me looking down the right path at least, any deal suggestions would be great on top of the list I can work through on the pinned thread!
  7. S

Thanks for the prompt reply! I plan to run the Xen Hypervisor with ZFS on dom0, passing through volumes to domU's
  8. S

What I've got: -SuperMicro X9DRi-LN4F+ -SuperMicro CSE826 Chassis -SuperMicro BPN-SAS-826A (with a BPN-SAS2-826EL1 on it's way) - I am new to home servers, so please bare with me. The X9DRi model motherboard only has one onboard SAS connector, and it's SAS1, I would like to be able to use all...