Search results

1. N

R680E motherboards compatibility

Hello, I am just updateing my homelab hardware for even lower power draw, so I thought I will move from an i7 11700F + quadro p400 + 64gb ddr4 to I12 12500T with 64gb DDR5. While searching for different options on motherboards, i stumbled upon some R680E chipset motherboards on ebay, like...
  2. N

Hard drive errors, don't know where to start

Hello everybody, I have been having issues with a nappit install on an esxi host and I do not know where to go from here. Hardware config 1: 4x12tb sata drives + 4x1tb ssds on a Dell H310 in IT mode. Each 4 drives on one sff8087 to 4x sas connectors breakout cable. HP Z420 mb, e52680v2...
  3. N

Do these benchmarks look normal for napp-it?

Hello, I have been using for some time napp-it and have recently moved away from server grade equipment to consumer grade, because I needed to lower power consumption of my server. I have the following results while testing transfer rates between two vms on an esxi host: (see attachments) Disks...
  4. N

Evolution from Storage Spaces

Hello everyone, After my last update @ https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/the-evolution-of-a-home-server.25766/#post-265974 , I got a new server. An HP DL380P G8, which is able to fit 12 lff drives. I am running at the moment 4x4tb and 2x240gb ssd for cache in a storage pool...
  5. N

The evolution of a home server

I just posted my first question here today and I thought this would be a nice time to share some pictures with the evolution of my home server in the past 5 or so years. I guess everybody here knows what we are talking about so: 1: the beginning: Asrock AD2700B ITX: Running Xpenology, the...