Search results

1. T

My new low wattage homelab esxi build

home lab in retro case. build is finished but need to meter the wattages used. top server - newest build (for test/play esx) * Operating System/ Storage Platform: ESXi 6.7-update1 * CPU: Intel Core i7-7700T 2,90GHz * Motherboard: Supermicro X11SSZ-TLN4F * Chassis: Nokia IP440 firewall front...
  2. T

PRTG Hardware Monitoring - Supermicro

Another option is to use the mrtg, it is easy to see when an process is stock at 100%
  3. T

Supermicro X9/X10/X11 Fan Speed Control

I have changed the limits on my x11 and here is an video with the details for it.
  4. T

sloooooow transfer speeds

do you use compression ? that will cost some performance
  5. T

NAS build - 32 disk custom cabinet. Freenas.

looks like it is not very easy to change dead drives, do you have to power down and take it apart for that ? or can you easy hotplug the drives ?
  6. T

For the new server that i am buiding with the same board, i have hacked in some extra heatsink on to the stock one for 10Gbe chip and VRM, the NB chip got just an extra big heatsink. the funny design of them is to have it in the case below the drives.
  7. T

yes it is clear that the 10gbe rj45 is using much power, in my case the switch is rj45 so with that then it make best seen to keep using rj45. but it an good idea to use the sfp+ with direct cable and then save´on the power. as posted in the thread, i am building an new server with the same...
  8. T

setting ipmi fan sensor threshold to 0 for fans that auto stop

Do you use the lower p option to store the IPMI value over boot ? -n 41 -u 0:0:0:2200:2200:2500 -p I made an video about it for my build /Tooms
  9. T

yes it is working parfectly and is now fully done and in the rack and running with vm's from the old server, below you can see the temp and fans. thinks i have learn sinces the buildlog/video.. * FAN limit was set to 100 for the low, but that is now changed to 0 for all fans except the CPU...
  10. T

Supermicro IPMI SNMP voltage value

yes that also what i got, but it it only close to what the webinterface is saying, more correct value is 0.0641 but how and where does this value come from and it is differen for each volt sensor.
  11. T

Supermicro IPMI SNMP voltage value

Tring to monitor the BMC IPMI on SuperMicro X11SSZ-TLN4F Nagios1:/etc/mrtg# snmpwalk -c public -v 2c 10.20.1.39 1.3.6.1.4.1.21317.1.3.1 | grep ".48 " SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.21317.1.3.1.1.48 = INTEGER: 48 SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.21317.1.3.1.2.48 = INTEGER: 191...
  12. T

Go with X11SSZ-TLN4F + I7-7700T or suggestions ??

yes at the moment i think that X11SSZ-TLN4F + I7-7700T will be what is likely the best for me. +it is board is the same +cpu can be changed, so easyer reuse later +low tdp +newer board and cpu +guess newer pcie specs +normal ddr4 ram -more expansive d-1521 ++cheaper -have to hunt for used...
  13. T

> Is a 4-cord D-1521 good enough ? Or the new D-2123 boards ? Seems that the d1521 and 7700t is close http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/345/Intel_Core_i7_i7-7700T_vs_Intel_Xeon_D_D-1521.html D-1521 *older - nov. 2015 *more tdp *lower clock *less cache *cheaper *fixed in board I7-7700T *newer -...
  14. T

The other server that i have build here https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/my-new-low-wattage-homelab-esxi-build.22551 with the same specs but just with I5-7600T is running completly silent right now. I need the 10gbit and prefer that it is onboard. for the xeon board and cpu...
  15. T

just finish with an ESXi low wattage home server build details here: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/my-new-low-wattage-homelab-esxi-build.22551 I am think at maybe build another server like this as i have case, fans, psu, ssd and so on, so i am just missing the mainboard...
  16. T

Back side with the server case closed back side with the server pulled out some. Note that ALL cable connections is in the front and nothing on the back side, so it is very easy to pull the server in/out
  17. T

left: disk tray with 80mm fan for 10gbit chip and voltreg. right: disk tray with two ssd DC2DC power supply HDplex 400W is mount in the case with sticky tape next to the mainboard connector PSU 19v input is in an PCI slot braket in the front
  18. T

120mm fan is mount on two pci slot breaket 92mm fan is mount in the old PSU slot(left) and two 80mm fan on the right disk tray in center