Search results

1. W

SC846 Chassis - HBA Card Question

Took a look and confirmed 8087, so those cables should be good to go. Is there a way to get i2c connection outside of the "combo" like cables that are currently installed?
  2. W

Ah that would make sense and seems quite nice to have....Is that going to require a specific HBA? My extent of using a RAID / HBA previously is with a breakout cable to SATA/SAS, this is my first step into a true chassis for data storage.
  3. W

Went ahead and ordered. Looking last night both ends looked the same, ill have to check this evening when I get home from the office. Ill snap a picture or two . Only thing different from SF8087 cables ive seen before was it had two grey wires on the run, not sure what is different for them.
  4. W

Dang ... I did not think of the simplest option ... That would tend to be the better method i imagine ordering some cables it is then. Thanks @BlueFox
  5. W

Hey all, Ive had a SC846 for a while, finally got around to installing into it and found out that the HBA I have wont work with the cables pre-installed in the chassis due to location of the connections. I did a quick search and couldnt find any questions quite like this. Does anyone have a...
  6. W

Peanuthead's EOY/Clean Out of Parts

Peanut any luck? Have not heard back in a week.
  7. W

GONE: (QTY 2) NORCO RPC-4224 4U Rackmount Server Case with 24 Hot-Swappable SATA/SAS Drive B

If Aestr falls thru, im interested in one, am in Orlando (32825) though. Thanks, -WFeather
  8. W

FS: DDR4 ECC, SSDs, SATA DOMs, Supermicro X10SL7-F, and more

@BlueFox do you happen to have 4x of the 16gb sticks left?
  9. W

Peanuthead's EOY/Clean Out of Parts

Pm sent the other day as well.
  10. W

cdw dual 2011-3 mobo

Awesome! Thanks!
  11. W

cdw dual 2011-3 mobo

Sent ya a PM about it @workingnonstop , Thanks!
  12. W

cdw dual 2011-3 mobo

For what its worth, Gigabyte lists their old boards (My old 7PESH-1 is still listed...), I am unable to find the MD70-HB1 on other retailers, so no idea if its in production or not...
  13. W

cdw dual 2011-3 mobo

I'd argue it was more limited supply than greed. Especially since the board is discontinued
  14. W

cdw dual 2011-3 mobo

Yup got a order cancellation a little bit ago. Discontinued Project. I ordered approx 11AM EST Friday.
  15. W

cdw dual 2011-3 mobo

Ill have to call and check tomorrow. Order status for me is "preparing to ship".
  16. W

cdw dual 2011-3 mobo

I ordered a few hours after the OP .... I received an order confirmed email. Called CDW and was told its on back order but my order will be fulfilled (This was when it allowed orders online, and only had Call for Pricing). Was told to call back this week to check for updated shipping time line.
  17. W

cdw dual 2011-3 mobo

Yup can confirm. I got an order in a while ago, called to confirm it and its backordered. CS rep said backordered units will be fullfilled as stock comes in.
  18. W

WTB: 4TB Drives

Looking for 4TB drives, preferably with warranty. I have no brand loyalty, speed is a non issue. This is for a RAID 5 (or 6) setup on an HP P420 card. Let me know what you have @ what price, or if you see a sale somewhere (Im looking at the 4TB Seagates on amazon @ ~$145 a pop atm, prefer...
  19. W

Coming back online

Great to see it back up man! Sad to hear it, atleast its been diagnosed.