Search results

1. F

Hardware to run pfsense ?

Hello, I'm thinking of buying some hardware to run pfsense for home use and would welcome opinions on the following options. The main requirements are: it must be quiet (or nearly quiet) and it should be capable of forwarding at >1Gbit/s, since I don't want to buy into a solution that will be...
  2. F

Supermicro X11SCA-F fans with ESXi

Please help... I have a Supermicro X11SCA-F running ESXi 6.7 update 3. The BMC is set for fan mode "full" (which was then followed by a cold start of the BMC). I've got impitool installed and I can control the Noctua fan noise and thresholds with the following script: # Supermicro X11SCA-F fan...
  3. F

My new build: Xeon E-2186

Build’s Name: Eta carinae Operating System/ Storage Platform: ESXi, FreeNAS and others CPU: Intel Xeon E-2186G Motherboard: Supermicro X11SCA-F Chassis: Fractal Design Define R5 Drives: 8x HGST HUH721010ALE600-FR RAM: Samsung M391A2K43BB1-CTD DDR4 Workstation RAM, PC4-21300 (2666), ECC...
  4. F

8-bay cases for MicroATX

I've looked at a bunch of old posts about cases for MicroATX motherboards. I'm looking for one with 8 x 3.5 bays - ideally hot swap and with easy access to the drive bays/caddies. Summarising those old posts, there only seem to be three choices: 1. Fractal design Node 804: I really like this...