Search results

1. R

WD 250GB SSD M.2 $30 and $20 SATA

Dell has the WD SSDs for sale M.2 $29.99 WD Blue PC SSD WDS250G1B0B - Solid state drive - 250 GB - internal - M.2 2280 - SATA 6Gb/s - UL, TUV, BSMI, FCC, KC | Dell SATA $19.99 WD Blue PC SSD WDS250G1B0A - Solid state drive - 250 GB - internal - 2.5-inch - SATA 6Gb/s | Dell Looks like the...
  2. R

What to do with Fusion ioXtreme drives?

So I got three 80gb Fusion IO ioXtreme drives for a dirt cheap so now I am trying to figure out how to put them to use. I wouldn't mind adding one of them to my FreeNAS box to use as a ZIL but driver support is definitely an issue. I might try putting one in one of my VMware boxes just to use as...
  3. R

Questions About Moving to 10gbe

As the title states, I am looking into moving some and maybe all of my servers over to 10gbe. Partially to help speed up file transfers and partially to simplify some of the cabling since I have a few LAGG groups that I would like to get rid of. Since I am complete newbie when it comes to...
  4. R

Buying Used Supermicro 24bay Chassis

I am in the process of putting together a storage server/moving my current server into a rack enclosure and have been looking for a suitable chassis. The Norco 4220 and 4224 have been at the top of my list but I'm not entirely impressed with the quality of Norco cases. I would like to pick up a...
  5. R

Future Home Server Build

To preface this post: This post is going to be a very long. I have been lurking on here for a quite a while and it has been extremely helpful, this is an amazing community. Now that I have finally stopped lurking and created an account, I can finally start asking questions and, if...