Search results

1. R

Bug in Intel Atom C2000 series processors?

My A1SAM-2750F finally kicked the bucket, too. I used a 220ohm resistor (smallest one I had on hand) across the 3.3v and clock line on the TPM port and it revived the board. Supermicro also agreed to RMA the board, so that is a win. Going to send it out next week. Now I need to migrate my VMs...
  2. R

WD 250GB SSD M.2 $30 and $20 SATA

Got my cancellation emails as well. It was worth a shot. Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
  3. R

Anyone here receive a shipping notice yet?
  4. R

Just received confirmations for my order. Hopefully shipping notices come next. Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
  5. R

Figured it was worth trying. Hopefully some of them make it out the door before the cancellations start flying.
  6. R

I went in for two orders of 4. Hopefully it ships. Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
  7. R

Dell has the WD SSDs for sale M.2 $29.99 WD Blue PC SSD WDS250G1B0B - Solid state drive - 250 GB - internal - M.2 2280 - SATA 6Gb/s - UL, TUV, BSMI, FCC, KC | Dell SATA $19.99 WD Blue PC SSD WDS250G1B0A - Solid state drive - 250 GB - internal - 2.5-inch - SATA 6Gb/s | Dell Looks like the...
  8. R

1.2TB LSI Nytro Warp Drive PCIe SSDs - $240

So the good news is that the card is recognized by FreeNAS with out issue. It does give me a driver warning but I am not too worried about since all the data will be backed up to the main pool anyways. The bad news is that even over 10gbe, I am getting 700MB/s reads and 300MB/s writes. which is...
  9. R

Now I am kind of regretting I only got one instead of two.
  10. R

After looking as some docs for FreeNAS and FreeBSD, the LSI 2308 cards are supported by the driver that ships with FreeNAS. So we'll see how that support carries over to the nytro.
  11. R

Seems easy enough. I'll probably put in the workstation first to get some testing and updates out of the way before I put it in the server.
  12. R

Got my drive last week, not going to have a chance to drop it into the FreeNAS server until I get back on Thursday. Hopefully with it being LSI based it will just work, but we'll see once I actually try it. What is the process for flashing new firmware on these drives? Is it similar to LSI...
  13. R

Hopefully with it being LSI based it will just work but doubtful. Edit: Ordered one.
  14. R

I keep missing this. Any idea if this will work with FreeNAS? I could definitely use a cache drive but SATA drives won't keep up with 10GbE so this would be great. Looks like there is a FreeBSD driver available just a matter of what it will take to install on a neutered implementation that is...
  15. R

FS: [Local, San Diego] 24TB Lenovo DAS with Controller and Drives

How loud are they? The rack is next to my desk, so noise becomes an issue. Thanks!
  16. R

Intel Xeon Phi Coprocessor 31S1P Special Price Promotion of $195*

I'm in for one. Would need to build a new box for this thing but probably worth it for the learning experience. Edit: Should probably go for two at these prices, might as well. Now I am trying to figure out if I can stuff two of them in a 2u chassis and still keep things relatively quiet but...
  17. R

What to do with Fusion ioXtreme drives?

Unfortunately, I think FreeNAS is a pretty stripped down version of FreeBSD. I am currently running FreeNAS 9.3 which is based on FreeBSD 9.3. Everything I have seem so far is pointing towards setting up a new build environment and compiling a my own version of FreeNAS with the drivers built in.
  18. R

Looks like the driver wasn't loaded correctly, here is the fio-status -a output: Found 1 ioMemory device in this system Driver version: Driver not loaded Adapter: ioMono Fusion-io ioXtreme 80GB, Product Number:FS4-002-081-CS, SN:29099, FIO SN:29099 ioXtreme 80GB, PN:00188000101...
  19. R

I got the drivers installed but I can't seem to get the drive mounted. I'll probably setup another box to mess around with it a little more.
  20. R

So I got three 80gb Fusion IO ioXtreme drives for a dirt cheap so now I am trying to figure out how to put them to use. I wouldn't mind adding one of them to my FreeNAS box to use as a ZIL but driver support is definitely an issue. I might try putting one in one of my VMware boxes just to use as...