Search results

1. S

Enabling fastpath on 9260-8i

Is that not what I already have? See link in op
  2. S

great thanks, that creates a 30 day free trial how do i upgrade to full?
  3. S

I have a 9260-8i and looking to run 2x ssd on it, how do i neable fastpath is it via a software key? if so where do I obatin one from. I also have one of these...
  4. S

Raid card for esxi raid1

Thanks for the advice i've picked up a 9260-8i, is this the fast module I need? LSI00292 RAID CacheCade Pro 2.0 Software Physical Key for 9260/9280 Series 6935409618386 | eBay or is it a license key I need from somewhere?
  5. S

Raid card for esxi raid1

I'm building a small esxi server and need help deciding on a raid card to use for raid 1. Looking for something <£100 used with 512 or 1GB cache and BBU. Please can someone recommend a suitable card, probably being paired with 2xWD black's but "may" be using SSD instead depending on drive...
  6. S

Dell H710 which sata cable?

I'm looking to use a Dell H710 card in a new build and need help choosing the right sata cable, I "believe" it needs a forward one? if so will this be ok Mini SAS to 4-SATA SFF-8087 Multi-Lane Forward Breakout Internal Cable NEW UK^^ | eBay
  7. S

best storage only os/protocol

I favour and confident with debian, I was looking for an out of the box linux nas distro that would provide simple file sharing. This will be used as back end storage with another debian server sitting in front of it and connected together via ethernet.
  8. S

best storage only os/protocol

I'm looking to build a storage only server that will connect to a secondary server via ethernet which will serve the content. What os would people recommend for the storage server? i use OMV for nas but think that's a bit bloated for what I need. Something that supports software raid would be...