Search results

1. A

Ampere Altra Q64-22 + AsRock Rack ALTRAD8UD does not POST or power on

Thanks @geerlingguy! I've been in touch with both Dynatron and Noctua. Dynatron looks to be tooling their factory with availability of their coolers around March. Noctua said "currently in production". So looks like things are moving.
  2. A

Thanks @Joe Speed! I can see Dynatron has recently listed the W2 and W1 but I can't see any for sale yet. Are there other brands to look out for?
  3. A

@Joe Speed I’m wondering if you have any more information about this one? I have a board and cpu but I can’t obtain a satisfactory cooling solution. Any extra thoughts?
  4. A

What CPU cooler are you using with this board @Hydraulix989?
  5. A

Hp Integrity BL860c i2 firmware

Attaching some images of some of the relevant hardware. If you want anything else let me know.
  6. A

Fair enough! While there's a bit of attention on the subject I'm still looking for more recent firmware. I'm stuck on firmware 1.95 and am looking for any recent bundle containing SFW 1.97 or SFW 1.98. Basically anything from 26.41 onwards. Likely also present in CSM bundle. I've compiled an...
  7. A

With the i2 I think its essentially a budget RX2800 i2. Possibly cheaper than 400? Depending on your parts bin for power, usb, serial, fans etc If i was to do this again, for a basic setup I'd start like this (USD prices): Blade at 120-ish (incl p410i backplane, 1 CPU and VRM and ICH card) HP...
  8. A

I can give a better breakdown of this shortly with some extra photos. Your summary is excellent and it's weird to see my old photo methodically torn down in such a manner! Happy to see a bit of interest. So broadly agree with your list: Power 1 x ATX PSU with two EPS 2 x EPS cables (can make...
  9. A

If you're still looking, there's an MXM to M2 adapter going for ~15USD on Aliexpress - you'd drop to PCIE x4 lanes but you'd have a more standard interface to work with.
  10. A

Not ADT-Link but another Chinese brand - markings are JHHMXM. I bought 3 and they were MUCH cheaper than 100 euros per adapter! It was probably marginally over that for 3. I don't think they're all that difficult to make or complex. Considering these are normally used for egpu purposes I...
  11. A

If you go down this road make sure you get the mezz cards in the screenshot below. These are the only ones which are MXM3 (confusingly Generation 2). The other MXM mezz cards are an earlier pinout and there are no off the shelf PCIE adapters that I could find.
  12. A

Definitely can survive outside. @cy384 and I both worked on this some time ago (see attached). I had it connected to an ATX supply, booting into Debian and PCIE working via an MXM-PCIE adapter. I had grand plans to build it into a case with proper power setup, but had to shelve the project...
  13. A

I haven't been able to play around with this pretty much since this post but if i remember correctly it's this link. I extracted and played around with the SFW binary, then flashed with a hardware flasher. Glad to see someone else with one of these. I have a soft spot for the tragicomedy that...
  14. A

Hi STH Does anyone have the latest firmware bundle for BL860c i2 blades? As far as i can see these were EOL'd in 2020/21. Bundle 26.36 (from 2013) is publicly available on HP's website, but the last bundle (Bundle Version: 2020.08 (firmware version 30.00)) is locked. Any help appreciated...
  15. A

[WTB] Startech PCIX1PEX4 PCI-X to PCIE x4

Looking purchase a Startech PCIX1PEX4 for an old, old project pc. If anyone has one, or knows where to find one, please let me know. Location: United States (through shipping forwarder) or Australia
  16. A

Canada [NEW LOT] ASROCK X7P-MB REV. 1.02 LGA3647 FPGA C626 SR3HH

User zjr8 posted a screenshot of the bios on this board in the Dual Xeon-D thread showing it with a Xeon Silver 4110: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/dual-xeon-d.27761/post-271924
  17. A

ES Xeon Discussion

I can't contribute any positive news, but I can add to the wider body of knowledge and confirm the blank lga2066 cpus also don't post in an MSI x299M-A. In the case of the x299M-A the confounding variable is likely because the board doesn't list compatibility with anything other than the 4 core...
  18. A

Does anyone know of any device that used Haswell-EN CPUs (LGA1356-3, B3)?

I have an Intel S1400 motherboard with the original LGA1356 socket, and got curious about its successor socket. But other than information on the five(!) Haswell-EN processors to actually use LGA1356-3 I can't see/find any examples of a device putting them to work. Mostly for curiosity, does...