Search results

1. S

CANADA - WD Element 10TB HE? SMR?

Hey thanks for the heads up! Exactly what I was looking for. I suspected that the 10TB could be not what I hoped so I thought I would ask and I am glad I did. I think there is a trip to Costco in my future, just need to time it right so nobody is there. :) Snorf
  2. S

CANADA - WD Element 10TB HE? SMR?

Does anyone have any experience with shucking these drives? I have only found mixed information on what could be inside. Is this a HE drive? Is it SMR? Anybody tried one? https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/wd-elements-10tb-usb-3-0-desktop-hard-drive-wdbwlg0100hbk-nesn-black/14927820 Snorf
  3. S

Canada $130 CDN ASUS Motherboard Z9PR-D12 Socket 2011 w/ 2 x Xeon E5-2620 CPU /1U heatsink

The seller is legit. I bought a couple Z10PR-D16 boards off of them and I received them and they were fairly well packaged. One did have a couple of bent cpu fan pins but I carefully bent them back and all was good. Snorf
  4. S

[WTB] Looking for MikroTik S+RJ10 or any 10gbase-t rj45

Try. MikroTik S+RJ10 - SFP+ RJ45 10Gbps Copper Module Snorf
  5. S

WTB : *All Purchased* LGA2011 V3 Dual CPU Motherboard/Ram/Heatsinks

Thank you to everyone that has PM'd and offered components for sale. As updated in the first post, all purchased. Snorf
  6. S

1U Supermicro Server 6x 10GBE RJ45 X10SLH-LN6TF LGA 1150 H3 X10SLH-N6-ST031

I asked and this is what I got back.
  7. S

WTB : *All Purchased* LGA2011 V3 Dual CPU Motherboard/Ram/Heatsinks

Thanks for looking. Must be willing to ship to Vancouver BC Canada area as border to USA is closed to non essential travel. PURCHASED, 1 - Dual CPU LGA 2011 V3 Motherboard with I/O Shield, E-ATX, ATX, M-ATX will fit my case, must have IPMI, 2 PCIe 3 x 8 slots, anything else is a bonus...
  8. S

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Way to go! This will make for an awesome stay at home project! Snorf
  9. S

Delete me

In this day and age I guess this is appropriate, me too!
  10. S

Proxmox 5.4, HP Flashed Mellanox Connectx-3, pfSense = issue

I have everything running and I am at about 490/490 with the fresh install with pci pass through. The comment I am seeing in the pfSense boot screen is (not sure what this means but hopefully google does): mlxen0: tso4 disabled due to -txcsum. mlxen0: tso6 disabled due to -txcsum. mlxen0...
  11. S

Thx for sticking with me on this. There has been a small victory, but it was followed by massive failure...... :) First I re-installed pfSense and used OVMF and q35 instead of the defaults like shown in the virtualization instructions on the netgate site. It seemed much more responsive getting...
  12. S

Memorial Day Sales - P3605, 3TB, 4TB, S9300, etc.

Yes. Go as far as you can without paying and it should be right when you get there. At least it was for me with express pay paypal. I haven't received any shipping info yet though. I hope he hasn't closed up and headed to Cuba! Snorf
  13. S

Thank you for the reply. It took me about 2 weeks to learn how to fire up a VM with freebsd 11.1 and get the mlx files so the card would work in the first place with pfSense. Reading and learning is tedious when you have to google every third or fourth word or acronym. But, I did get it...
  14. S

This is my situation: Internet connection Fibre 750Mbps/750Mbps transceiver sticks into my computer router (pfSense). Computer/router is 2 x Xeon X5650 with 32G of Ram. With HP 656089-001 Infiniband 10/40GB DP NIC 649281-B21 flashed to Mellanox firmware by following the thread on STH and set...
  15. S

Memorial Day Sales - P3605, 3TB, 4TB, S9300, etc.

Well I bought 6 - 3TB drives. 6 for the price of 1, not bad for my home server. I just hope they last more than 30 seconds past the 30 days....... Snorf
  16. S

Desktop PC won't boot with HP NC552SFP/Emulex OCE11102 dual 10gbe nic

I am a total noob and probably way off track but heh you never know. Card firmware. What are they running? Can you put them back in the working server and see what they are running and then if wrong firmware flash to what you need before moving them? They have firmware from 2012 - 2017 in...
  17. S

Is there a super secret pre-release product ID unveiling so we can buy them up before the prices sky rocket? :) Sad day yesterday :( One of my ICX7150-C12P's died..... It just stopped dead no lights nothing. Pulled the power supply and it looks good but no output. Anyone know what it...
  18. S

I used the CLI on the initial configuration (followed the instructions) but have been using the GUI on the ICX 6610 and 7250 mostly since then. Is there really anything you cannot do in the GUI that you can do in the CLI other than initial config from unknown state? It seems really good. Snorf
  19. S

I am considering an R710 as well, your findings are of great interest. I have an R510 and have noticed that with Wave 2 devices it performs at full speeds. However, with non wave 2 devices there are issues. If I enable the rate limiter I can achieve faster speeds than just leaving it on...
  20. S

Need a little help, sorry if this has been answered but I cannot find confirmation. I just want to make sure before ordering a bunch of stuff that may end up as useless. Background: I have 2 – ICX6610-48P’s, and I have some HP 656089-001 Infiniband 10/40GB DP NIC 649281-B21 cards to be used...