Search results

1. M

Any news on MxL86282-based switches? (8x 2.5G + 2x 10G)

Thanks, I had completely missed that!
  2. M

To answer my own question, it looks like switches based on that architecture might be finally coming to market. From what I could find on chinese forums, there's a company going by Netis or Netcore (www.netcoretec.com) that launched the GS10, a switch with 8x 2.5G and 2x 10G SFP+. It's not...
  3. M

2U Chassis - Less than 21" Depth - EATX(ish) - 2 Double Slot GPUS

You would need an ultra-low-profile cooler or possibly some kind of waterblock/radiator combination.
  4. M

2U Chassis - Less than 21" Depth - EATX(ish) - 2 Double Slot GPUS

There's the Chenbro RM252 MIO, but the motherboard and GPUs would be front-facing. The problem is that 2U is too short to mount double slot GPUs 'stacked' and they have to be installed side-by-side, so that involves either a weird riser or some other custom cabling approach.
  5. M

shorter-depth 2U 12x3.5" cases

Being the OP, yes the rack is just under 23" from front rails to back rails. The mini R is just something I stumbled on while looking for a chassis that would fit, and it looked interesting enough to share. I'm just looking at slowly migrating my NAS (currently in a small u-nas 8-drive case)...
  6. M

Looks like the Truenas mini R might also be a decent fit if I wanted to go for a full server instead, since it's only 21" deep. They seem to use a rebadged supermicro case (or at least the internals are stamped with supermicro part numbers) but I have had zero luck in identifying it.
  7. M

Thanks! In that case it definitely wouldn't fit. I was kinda hoping it included the front and pull-tabs to save an inch or two.
  8. M

Since my rack is slightly shallower than normal (23" front-to-back, 16U high) the usual Supermicro SC826 would stick out the back quite a bit. Would anyone have recommendations for a shorter 2U case that can handle 12x 3.5" drives? The only one I could find for that would be the Chenbro RM245...
  9. M

deep rackmount drawers

Not exactly chassis-related, but still rackmount-related question. Anyone knows who would make deep (20-24") 3U-4U rack drawers, lockable or not? The only ones that deep I could find were from Hammond and they're on the pretty expensive side of things. Pretty much anything else I could find is...
  10. M

A 8x 2.5G + 2x 10G switch would hit just the sweet spot of what I've been looking for, but besides the STH article from early September, there hasn't been a peep. Would anyone have heard anything more recent about switches using those hitting the market?
  11. M

Supermicro Xeon D / FCBGA 1667 Heatsink information

Same footprint. They're BGA, not socketed, so there's a significant amount of work and expertise required.
  12. M

FS: Lots of inexpensive DDR4 16GB RDIMMs

sending PM. Wouldn't be able to use Zelle since it's US-only.
  13. M

Fully loaded compact NAS (NSC-800)

Sorry for the massive delay, between a bout of surgery, months of recovery and a few other things it skipped my mind for the longest time. I attached the files for all 3 parts in the zip file, in both STL and STEP formats, as well as a quick picture showing how it all comes together. You need...
  14. M

Fully loaded compact NAS (NSC-800)

Sure, it'll take me a few days and I will have to figure out exactly what hardware I used. I think it was 4-40 square nuts and screws but need to double-check.
  15. M

Intel i350 dual NIC MiniPCIe adapters - legit/workable for TMM nodes?

The reseller I went through was New Era Electronics, up in Canada. The card was ~$130CAD but that was nearly 2 years ago. In the US, there's Global American Inc Innodisk also makes a few similar cards but they're m.2-2242 or longer instead of 2230.
  16. M

I'll have to look it up at work to dig out the original quote, but it's worked impeccably. 3d-printed a small bracket to mount the rj45 port where the optional accessory port on the 5060 micro is (where the vga/com port would be). It runs the downstream interface to a fibre optic converter...
  17. M

One similar card I did use before is from Commell. They make m.2-2230 to GbE, m.2-2230 to 2.5GbE and miniPCIe to GbE, dual GbE and 2.5GbE. I've been using their m.2-2230 GbE adapter in a Dell 5060 micro in place of the wifi card and it has been working impeccably. I'll have to look up where I...
  18. M

3.84TB Micron 5100 (sata)

Micron 5100 3.84TB Solid State Drive | eBay Looks like there's another one from the same seller!
  19. M

They also started at considerably higher, so I was surprised to see that one start for so little. Someone might get lucky, $260 for 3.84TB is still decent. Of course only reason I'm not going for it is because I managed to get my hands on a 7.68 SAS3. :cool:
  20. M

Stumbled on this; don't currently need one but it's still less than $60 with less than 24 hours to go. Micron 5100 3.84TB Solid State Drive | eBay