Search results

1. S

Supermicro embedded Broadcom NIC firmware: Where to download?

@AugustaLemke Unfortunately not... tried the super micro driver package (version 226.1.107.1) and this did not improve the outgoing package drops... Still waiting to get a replay from supermicro itself (not much hope) for the latest version. Wasn't brave enough to try the one I downloaded from...
  2. S

Supermicro embedded Broadcom NIC firmware: Where to download?

Have the same question... same board and have outgoing package loos. Found some posts about, may be firmware 214 which is exactly the version I have on the integrated controller. @AugustaLemke I found the Broadcom drivers in their download section: The included utility seems to work, can query...
  3. S

Modding/upgrading Arista switches?

still now problems found. seems to work fine. During playing with docker on the switch, I found out that with the 64bit userland it's easier to get the right images. Because by default in 32bit userland it downloads the i386 platform images from the docker manifests, which some images do not...
  4. S

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

:eek: didn't even got my switches yet... they arrive at monday.... so ... two 400$ bricks sent oversea will arrive at monday o_O Hope you find the i.... who did it.
  5. S

just tried EOS-4.22.0F, seems to work... I did it remote, so couldn't check the console output. But found no errors so far. They seem to have made a big kernel bump: -bash-4.3# uname -a Linux coreswitch 4.9.122.Ar-12091609.4220F #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat May 4 07:36:03 PDT 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64...
  6. S

because soon my stack of icx6610 arrives... I wanted to prepare my lab a bit for it. So because the ICX6610 's will replace my SG500 which currently running dhcp and there is a known problem with the dhcp service on 6610's, I plan to run glass-isc-dhcp in docker on the arista. I noticed two...
  7. S

I queue up behind @Emanuele for two RPS16-I :D
  8. S

I know, the prices in Europe are horrible and most times shipping from US is cheaper even the shipping costs are height. Just ordered two intake FANs from them, because my two 6610-48P-I that are on the way, have only one FAN and one PSU. PSU is also Rev. A :( But was the best deal I found in...
  9. S

Searched a lot in the last days, they are almost not available in Europe for a descent price. But if switching airflow to exhaust is an option, I would get new FAN's. There are currently available for 100$ inc. shipping to Europe on ebay.
  10. S

Thought a second time about it. 10g downlinks wouldn't be a bottleneck, due i will not serve higher bandwidth from the 6610. Can i use a standard QSFP DAC in the breakout ports to uplink to an arista QSFP port just set to breakout mode? Kind of breakout to breakout? Second question... My two...
  11. S

I'm new to mlag, but aren't the links then limited to 8x 10g per switch?
  12. S

Does this also work if I use the 40g's as uplink to a 40g switch? My plan is to uplink two 6610 to my arista 40 g "core" switch. But if I understand it right, this forces me to not stack or stack with the breakout ports. I wonder how I could force the main traffic to the core switch over the 40g...
  13. S

Got my SSD too. for me it worked, but I created a DOS partition table first with fdisk. Not sure if this makes the difference. It does not complain in my case. updated: it did during the first boot, but now I don't get any complains anymore. updated3: tried some other scenarios, it does not...
  14. S

The soldering points are on the board... so in theory it could also be possible to add a second slot. Did anyone made pictures of the bottom of the board? Usually this pins are not too small and I think it should be possible to solder it. But I don't know where to get a slot from ;) It's not...
  15. S

I'm an idiot.... ordered an M-key only (NVMe)... had to send it back today.... did just not recognized it :) I think I'm ordering now too, a MX500. Checked mine after reading this, cpuinfo states GX-420CA. Now I'm totally confused what kind of RAM I need to look for my 32S. But not only your...
  16. S

no was by accident, repaced in in hurry ;) I don't care the config on the USB-DOM, because it shouldn't impact the performance to much just for the configuration. At least this was my intention and you can keep an swi file there for the case the M.2 dies, then you just need to update the boot...
  17. S

in booted EOS there the script available in /usr/sbin/image-install so bash /usr/sbin/image-install -d /mnt/drive/4.21.2F /mnt/flash/EOS-4.21.2F.swi should do the trick. Just can't test it now because I don't have the M.2 yet.
  18. S

Anyway thinking about if it is worth to replace my USB-DOM. I thought about just put the swi files on the M.2. and then just change the boot_config to load it from there. And as you suggest, this could be optimized by already extracting in beforehand. Not tried yet, but if I'm right, then on...
  19. S

I think if you just use the switch as intended then you won't have any benefits. But courios too what @fohdeesha is planning :)
  20. S

Just got mine today :D After handcrafting an adapter between a RJ45 patchcable and a USBserial adapter I just updated to 4.21.0F. directly after the update: localhost#show version detail | grep -i Aboot-norcal Aboot Aboot-norcal4-4.0.4-2086886 PS: mine seems to be the same hardware...