Search results

1. J

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Multicast config is all default no changes. Once I upgraded the firmware it worked. What switch do you have? Does it have the latest firmware?
  2. J

2x10G+2x2.5G+PCIE Solt+Intel VPRO+U.2 NVME[Minisforum MS-01]

As mentioned by another poster it would be good to make sure there's sufficient cooling when the system is fully loaded.
  3. J

What exactly is being shown in the 3rd picture here? Just curious if this is room for a single half height expansion card on its side? Having the ability to add a sas controller would be the icing on the cake.
  4. J

Hopefully it's not a Connect-X3 again.
  5. J

Any word on the price?
  6. J

GBASE-T transceivers performance with NBASE-T - Marvell 88x3300 v/s Aquantia AQS-107

@dag have you tried this one? Reports on Reddit for it seem positive and it's new this year. https://store.ui.com/products/10g-sfp-to-10gbe-rj45-module?_pos=1&_sid=3426fc8bb&_ss=r
  7. J

$125 - (Dell Labeled) Aquantia AQS-107 SFP+ to RJ45 NBase-T Transceivers

@dag Wanted to update you that yep I was able to reproduce the issue for sure. I'll have to keep this in mind if I ever upgrade to anything with a better upload speed. That said I do sometimes feel like I have random drop outs so this could potentially be the cause, the iperf3 behaviour was...
  8. J

Interesting. I have some other 2.5g gear so I'll give it a test with iperf3 and check it out.
  9. J

I have this sfp+: Wiitek 10GBase-T 10G RJ45 to SFP+ Copper Transceiver 30-Meter, Compatible for Cisco SFP-10G-T-X, Ubiquiti, Mikrotik (Cat 6a/7 or Better) https://a.co/d/grCYkak It's installed in a brocade 6610 which doesn't support 2.5 or 5g on the SFP+ ports. Flow control is enabled. On...
  10. J

Does a Brocade ICX-6450 support 2.5G Base T transceivers?

Not officially no. But some SFP+ transceivers handle this problem by linking on 10g on one side and 2.5g on the other.
  11. J

5Gb ethernet copper into 6610?

The cable modem has a 2.5g ethernet port. The 6610 does not. It has a 10g SFP+. The 10g SFP+ port does not link at 2.5 or 5g. Thus the Amazon SFP+ I sent you above reports a 10g link to the switch but links at 2.5g with the cable modem. Ie it basically lies to the switch. Hopefully that's...
  12. J

The 6610 does not handle 2.5. The Sfp has to be 10g on the switch side and multi rate on the ethernet side. The one I linked does that. I can't speak for the one you did.
  13. J

I should add that the 6610 side shows 10g but the cable modem shows 2.5g.
  14. J

Wiitek 10GBase-T 10G RJ45 to SFP+ Copper Transceiver 30-Meter, Compatible for Cisco SFP-10G-T-S, Ubiquiti, D-Link, Supermicro, Netgear, Mikrotik (Cat 6a/7) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07P39G4XJ/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_GAQ28Q19GWS1DHZG05KY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 I use this one to connect 2.5g ethernet...
  15. J

No worries. It was a tangly issue but no fault of yours! I had broken out wireshark, found a python example to dump out multicast, and subbed to the ip/port used by the hdhomerun (which is ssdp). I was seeing all kinds of traffic including the hdhomerun itself broadcasting out, it just never...
  16. J

upgrading from 30t -> 30u solved the problem. Hat tip to a post I found on reddit here: I sent the guy a pm and he let me know 30u solved the issue. Flashed that, issue fixed.
  17. J

I moved the hdhomerun and a laptop over to a dumb switch, works. Super weird that some multicast is working (ie chromecast's are still working!) but the hdhomerun is not. Of interest I can also see the hdhomerun beacon out (ie windows sees it and adds it to 'networking'. And I can see...
  18. J

Seems multi-cast is working properly on the network except for that one device. I found a little python snippet i was able to test on several hosts w/ the right ip and port and i see the packets flying around from all the hosts trying to discover, but none from the device itself.
  19. J

A bit confusing because everything i've read is that if no igmp is configured, the hardware should flood all ports. And come to think of it, this was working previously for me when I had the Brocade connected to the old switch. The 6610 was connected to two devices via the 40g ports (running in...
  20. J

Are there any settings you recommend? I'd tried this before and tried both active and passive (ip multicast active/passive) with no luck.