Search results

1. C

EU Supermicro X9QR7-TF+ QUAD LGA-2011 @ 210€!

Not to thread jack, but I have one of the 2U cases (CSE-828TQ-R1K43LPB) with <1year of use sitting in the garage for the past 2 years. Pretty sure I have the rails, but not 100% certain. I'm in NY. If anyone wants to make me an offer, feel free to PM me.
  2. C

FS- 2-way & 4-way E5 gear, RAM, PCIe SSDs, more!

Hi, I've got the following available- Mainboards Intel S2600CO4 Dual LGA2011 board - new OEM, board only. $180 shipped in continental US Intel S2600COE Dual LGA2011 board - new OEM, board only. $180 shipped in continental US Also, another Intel S2600COE Dual LGA2011 board - used, board...
  3. C

High performance local server build - starting advice

You're in a bit of a pickle, storage-wise. I have similar needs, and have settled on fast PCIe SSDs (currently running an LSI WarpDrive in one box and OCZ Z-Drive R4 in another). Magnetic media just won't cut it for this sort of thing. While the I/O performance of these drives is just...
  4. C

Video Card For 4x High Resolution Displays

I imagine that you've sorted this with your K4000, but I have become a pretty huge fan of the NVS510 that was mentioned earlier. Rock-stable, runs cool, uses almost no power.. all the stuff that I care about for a workstation.
  5. C

My December 2013 Workstation Build

Nice build. With regard to ES CPUs, the Asus boards work well with C0-stepping Sandy Bridge CPUs in most BIOS revisions. With B0, they will work, but you're limited to old BIOSes and can't downflash (on the Z9PA-D8, I've had luck with the BIOS revisions released through March 2013).
  6. C

Intel Xeon E5-2650 ES x2 looking for a board

Which Q-code? There's a thread on Hardforum with good info- E5 Xeon list - [H]ard|Forum Personally, I have had good luck with the Supermicro X9DAi, and somewhat less luck with the Asus Z9PA-D8. Newer BIOS revisions on both drop support for older ES CPUs (seems to be standard practice)-...