Search results

1. S

Can I attach these square-mount rails on my round-mount rack? (re: Norco RL-26 rails)

I've purchased the Norco RL-26 rackmount rails a long time ago to use with my Norco RPC-4220 4U case. The rack I've been using has round holes and I use network rack clip nuts to attach all of my equipment but these rails seem impossible: Does anybody have any ideas or are these rails unusuable?
  2. S

Rackmount rails for Norco RPC-450B?

Does anybody know of any rackmount rails for the older Norco RPC-450B? There is a review on Newegg that mentions the "iStarUSA IS-20" rails work but I can't seem to find this exact model listed anywhere and I don't see any other confirmations...
  3. S

Replacement key (or 3D printable) for Norco RPC-450B (4U) rackmount case?

I've lost the key for my Norco RPC-450B (4U) rackmount case. Does anybody how to purchase (or 3D print) a replacement? Here is a picture of the lock: (inner diameter measure about 5-6mm) Here is the case: Can anybody help me out?
  4. S

Are there any SFP+ adapters to connect 2.5 GBe RJ45?

I'm using a UDM Pro with a UniFi US-48 switch and both have 10G SFP+ ports. However, one of my new PCs has a 2.5 GBe RJ45 port. Are there any SFP+ adapters to convert from 2.5 GBe RJ45 to SFP+ ? If so, are any recommended for compatibility with the UniFi US-48 (or UDM Pro) ?
  5. S

[WTB] Ruckus Access Point (R610-R730)

I'm having some latency issues with my new UniFi U6-LR so I'm hoping to try a Ruckus access point. I'd love for the latest R730 (802.11ax) but realistically I'm hoping to find a used/refurbished R710/R720.
  6. S

What is typical 5 GHz latency (ping) when in the same room? (re: MacBook Pro M1 + UniFi U6-LR, Wi-Fi 6, spikes to 100ms+)

I've just purchased a UniFi U6-LR (802.11ax) but I'm seeing inconsistent and high latency: (I've tested the router [UDM Pro] and other machines on my network) The UniFi U6-LR is sitting on top of a bookshelf and I'm sitting on a couch about 15 feet away with my MacBook Pro M1: The signal...
  7. S

Possible to flash HP 656089 to Mellanox ConnectX3 firmware?

I've purchased two network adapters from ebay with the following description: Lot of 2 HP 656089-001 Infiniband 10/40GB DP NIC 649281-B21, Full Profile I've also purchased fiber transceivers from fs.com but I have an issue when I reboot I need to unplug/replug the LC fiber cable several times...
  8. S

Supermicro X9DRi-F - IPMI is partially broken after firmware upgrade

I upgraded the IPMI firmware on my X9DRi-F to v3.62 (latest?) hoping that it added HTML5 support but it doesn't. However, I'm now having a problem with the IPMI console redirection. The IPMI webpage opens fine and I can see the firmware revision (03.62) and the server health, etc. Shutdown...
  9. S

Supermicro X9DRi-F - Upgrade IPMI to HTML5 support?

I'm using a Supermicro X9DRi-F with the latest IPMI firmware (3.62, dated 7/15/2020) and it's using the older Java web interface. Is it possible to upgrade to an HTML5 version? I would think it's not possible but I thought I read about people flashing alternate IPMI/BMC firmware and were able...
  10. S

Do I need new patch panel to add two SFP+ cables from my server to my switch?

I've been using a TRENDnet TC-P48C6 (48-port CAT6 patch panel) with my Ubiquiti US-48-750W switch and it's been working fine. However, I want to use the two SFP+ ports to connect 10 GbE to my storage server and to my primary desktop PC. (re: Mellanox ConnectX-3 cards) How can I route the...
  11. S

Do 1U servers require low profile memory? (re: Supermicro CSE-512L-200B)

Does anybody know if most 1U server cases require low profile memory? For example, I’ve purchased a Supermicro X11SSZ-TLN4F motherboard (DDR4) and a Supermicro CSE-512L-200B case (1U). It looks like low profile or “very low profile” (“VLP”) is very difficult to find. Is it common to require...
  12. S

Motherboards for 1U server? (re: Skylake, LGA 1151, vPro?)

Can anybody recommend an inexpensive LGA 1151 (Skylake) motherboard that will fit into a 1U server chassis? I need the motherboard to support Intel QuickSync and I’d prefer vPro support as well but that is optional.
  13. S

FS: Ubiquiti EdgeSwitch 48

For sale is my Ubiquiti EdgeSwitch 48 Lite (ES-48-LITE). Asking $320 shipped or $300 + you pay/provide shipping costs/label. I am the original owner and the switch was very lightly used in a home environment. It was rack-mounted so expect screw/thread marks on the rack ears. (see my eBay...
  14. S

WTB: Xeon E5-2643 v2 (or similar E5-26xx v1/v2) CPU and Narrow ILM CPU coolers

I'm looking to purchase two Intel Xeon E5-26xx v1/v2 CPUs. It's going into a general purpose server including Plex so a high single-core CPU speed is preferred. It looks like the E5-2643 v2 CPU is the sweet spot for what I'm looking for. I'm also looking for any active (i.e. fan/heatsink)...
  15. S

Cheapest narrow ilm heatsink/fan? Can I use the passive heatsink only?

I've just purchased a Supermicro X9DRi-F with 2x E5-2620 and it includes passive heatsinks but I've read that they get very warm? I was going to get a cheap Arctic 12 cooler ($12) but it looks like it won't fit narrow ilm. The cheapest narrow ilm heatsink run about $40 which is quite a bit...
  16. S

Best 2 TB drive around $80 for ZFS? (not-4k sector size)

What's the best 2 TB drive for around $80 to be used in an eight disk RAID-Z2 array? I've been told that 4k drives don't work well with ZFS so I'd like something with the regular 512 byte sectors. (and not 4k with 512 byte emulation) Anyways - I'm looking at buying eight of these...