Search results

1. C

LGA 1700 Alder Lake "Servers"

I use a NH-U12S with a 13th gen i5 (currently) and 12th gen i7 (previously) and would receive the same type of message you have. Daniel15's suggestion of dropping the minimum rotation speed is on the right track, though in my case 400 still caused issues. It's been a while since I changed it...
  2. C

Supermicro X13SAE-F W680 Motherboard Mini-Review

Here you go. I believe Group 15, 16, and 17 are the only items that would be unique to my system and are my HBA and two NVME drives. Everything else is either part of the board or related to the i7-12700K CPU I'm using. IOMMU Group 0 00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation 12th Gen Core...
  3. C

You were able to get it fully running under Server 2022? Everything recognized in device manager? It's been some time since I was setting up my system, but I could have swore I had unexplained stability issues just like the FAQ entry described. This was several bios versions ago when they just...
  4. C

Unless you want to run Windows Server. Then it's only an expensive desktop. Thanks SuperMicro.
  5. C

Memory speed can be overridden, but only up 4400. Nothing beyond that. This is on the latest bios version (2.1) with a X13SAE-F board using a i7-12700K. For your original questions: 1. I can confirm my 2x32 ECC DIMMS are running at 4400 even though they are rated (and identified as 4800). I...
  6. C

recommended ram for Topton N6005 Router 6 LAN

I've had no memory related issues with my 4-port N5105 from CWWK using this Crucial CT2K32G4SFD832A 2x32GB SODIMM kit. It's more memory than what you're thinking, and it's for a different CPU and board from a different brand. But other than that, they're practically the same...;) I don't know...
  7. C

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

You're not wrong about improvements, but if it comes at any type of an increase in cost the ROI likely doesn't make sense strictly from a dollars and cents standpoint. Presuming a 15 watt average power consumption, the energy savings over the course of the month is only about 1.5 kWh. At my...
  8. C

In my defense, read the manual? Pfft. Like who does that?!? Seriously though, I didn't see that. It would have been better placed if the note was several bullets up, right under the bullet for that slot, or to have an asterisk or footnote number/letter. Where it's at now it looks like it'd be...
  9. C

SM Support lied to you. It took way to long to figure it out, and I'm kind of embarrassed it took as long as it did to do so. But I found a simple trick to get a HBA to work in slot 4. Put a different adapter in slot 7 first. Don't have or need for another card? Then put your HBA in slot 7...
  10. C

1. Bios version 2.0. Where in the BIOS is it even reported? I must be blind if it's there. In the BMC web gui it shows the correct temperature under the Sensors tab with no ° or units. 2. X13SAE-F 3. Yes, but I have the -F model.
  11. C

Depends on which board version you have. The board in mine I believe was 5V for v1 and v2, but switched to 12V for v3 and later.
  12. C

FYI to anyone that comes along, the Aliexpress link calls it a "JST1.25" connector and sells it as part of a JST assortment, but it's not actually a JST connector. JST stands for Japan Solderless Terminal and is an actual company. You can see all the true JST connector styles here. Filter down...
  13. C

Already had been using that exact driver pack. I didn't try the Server 2022 eval, but I did try W11 and it has the exact same issue once I enabled Hyper-V and assigned a port to a vSwitch. No VMs were even installed yet. I didn't check before I enabled Hyper-V as it'd be useless for how I intend...
  14. C

If you didn't see my earlier comment, I can definitely confirm your 4 pin fan connector is Molex PicoBlade. My board appears to be the same, also from CWWK.
  15. C

Does one side of the connector have one or two slots that end in a square opening? Similar to the top left and bottom right connector in the attached image. If so, I believe those are only used with the Molex PicoBlade connectors for it's latches. The JST GH series appears to use a lever-style...
  16. C

Thanks. I had missed it. You had mentioned Server 2022 which is why I missed it or skipped over it previously. Apparently there were some architectural changes as 2022 drivers won't install under 2019. No idea how operationally similar they are. Still switching though from i226-IT to i226-LM...
  17. C

Anyone with a board using Intel I226-V chips found a stable driver that works with Windows Server 2019? I thought I had it working and stable forcing it to use the latest Intel drivers for the i226-IT variant. But all of the sudden the last several days, there's random disconnects every 20-90...
  18. C

Been there. Made the made same mistake initially. It's not a JST GH-series (1.25mm) connector, though you have the pitch correct. That's a 3-pin right angle Molex PicoBlade connector. It's probably a knock off as the metal ears on the ends look to be curled up differently and from the opposite...
  19. C

FS: Mikrotik CRS305-1G-4S+IN Switch 10gb SFP+

Spec sheet says it's passively cooled. Double checking if it's indeed silent with no fan? Any idea what the real-world power consumption is? I'm presuming no SFP(+) modules are included. Did you use any 3rd party modules and if so, which ones and have any issues?
  20. C

Unfortunately, according to SuperMicro support, this is not possible. From a support case I opened for my X13SAE-F board not booting. They have a FAQ entry saying that the board can support 13th gen Rocket Lake CPUs with BIOS R 2.0. They just neglect to mention that it hasn't actually been...