Search results

1. K

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

You only need licenses for front ports. Rear ports work regardless.
  2. K

HP/PMC SA in whitebox

I spent a good amount of time trying to boot from a drive connected to H240 in HBA mode. No luck. Server in question is Supermicro X9DRi-F in CSE846 with an expander backplane. Getting into card bios turned out to be impossible. If oprom is enabled, initialization errors out with the usual...
  3. K

It does not sound crazy, it's exactly why I think the prices are a bit extreme. $167 shipped with both fans and power supplies - Brocade ICX6610-24-I, 24-Port 1GbE RJ45 Switch with 8× 1GbE SFP 729198002497 | eBay I want exhaust airflow types, otherwise I'll probably buy that one just for the...
  4. K

Does anyone know a good place to look for spare power supplies and fans for icx6610? Ebay has a few listed, but prices look a bit extreme. Get well soon!
  5. K

Could you also measure noise levels with only one fan installed?
  6. K

Capped at total 2gigabyte/s--SAS2-846-EL1 blackplane bottleneck?

Alright, I solved it. One of the cables was originally connected to J2. After moving it to J1 I got all 8 links from two ports.
  7. K

Yes, I'm using consumer WD SATA drives. I expected to have a performance bottleneck due to expander, but 1.8GB/s from two physical ports seems way too low. Speed figures seem very similar to this thread...
  8. K

What firmware version do you have on your sas2308 card? I have a server with almost exactly same hardware, just with a 2308 HBA, and my bandwidth is limited to roughly 1.8GB/s when both ports are connected and half that if I disconnect one of the ports. Backplane firmware version is...
  9. K

Did anyone try to backup licenses from icx6610 over serial console? Bought a ICX6610 which happened to have one 4-port POD license and I want to back it up just in case. Found 2 license strings so far, each is present 2 times in the memory dump. Are there ways to test if the strings I found are...
  10. K

Issues with LSI2008 on OmniOS? (mptsas_handle_event_sync: IOCStatus=0x8000, IOCLogInfo=0x31110d00)

Looks like it happened to me at well. Mdadm would lose 3-4 hdds at once - it totally looked like a faulty port on a controller. At first I was seeing lots of 0x31111000, but today I finally got 0x31110d00 and was able to find this solution. Turned out that I had a molex splitter on a bottommost...
  11. K

Brocade BR-VDX6720-24-R

Got this switch a month ago, but only started using it yesterday, after I finally got nics and fiber cables. Can't say I'm happy - switch takes 15 minutes to boot and is extremely loud even after fans spin down - can be heard behind a closed door. And I'm having same transceiver issue, just...
  12. K

Gigabit + 10Gb Switches under $550

I wonder if there exists another switch like the well known Brocade ICX6610, something with every possible option - 1G copper, 10G SFP+, and 40G QSFP+ in one device, and reasonably priced. Juniper EX4300 comes close, but it's twice as expensive, has less SFP+ and they require a fairly expensive...
  13. K

Any reason not to buy higher port switches?

One big switch can be more efficient compared to multiple smaller ones, but it's going to be a waste if you don't use the ports.
  14. K

10gb SFP+ Card Recco

Ouch, just bought a bunch of cx-2 not knowing it. But at $13 a piece I can't really complain.
  15. K

Is $300 a reasonable price for non-poe 6610-24P with two power supplies and fans? Offered $250, seller won't go below $300.
  16. K

So even in the worst possible case ICX6610 will have 8 10Gb SFP+ via QSFP breakout cables?