Search results

1. L

~~Help~~: ~~~Newbie~~~First~~~Server~~~

Point taken. I am not much worried about the performance, as the whole setup is ONLY for learning.
  2. L

Now, I come to understand that running a 1U server in the living room is not be possible due to the noise levels. I checked a couple of youtube videos. Also, as I am in the early stages, I wish to go with the tower server/workstation (Thanks to @nthu9280 ). Here is the breakup of the break...
  3. L

Is this a good deal? Dell PowerEdge R620 Server Intel Xeon E5-2670 2.60GHz (x2) 128GB RAM No HDD/RAID
  4. L

Thank you folks. Every piece of information I receive here, improves my understanding of the server infrastructure. Initially, I thought of building a beefy work station, then I realized the RAM (32 GB) would be not be enough to satisfy my needs. (# of workstations) I spent some hours with...
  5. L

@KD Thank you for your suggestion. Yes, still I have the option to move towards tower server. Any tower server DIY suggestions. Budget < $500.
  6. L

@Patrick Sure, I will check those options. Thank you so much...
  7. L

@marcoi Thank you so much... Really helpful
  8. L

Geeks, I am a newbie, trying to build a server for my skillset development. I know .net development and wish to learn cloud-based technologies. I am planning to set up a lab having around 10-20 virtual machines (SQL Server, Oracle, Workstation, build server, test server, LB etc...) using...