Search results

1. R

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

Amazing, thank you. That's a very creative solution! Next question: if the HDMI device isn't plugged in when the system boots, does it still enable the port, where if there's no monitor plugged in at power on the system doesn't activate the video port? I have "HDMI Dummy Plug Headless Ghost...
  2. R

Could you explain how you would use this instead of a serial port?
  3. R

New firewall - mini pc

Mmmm I would double-check those figures. I have an i5-3570S in an Intel motherboard (known for being power efficient) and it idles at 18W, and you've got a CX3 with a 10G SFP? Those things get HOT (because they consume lots of power)!
  4. R

Small firewall recommendations

I feel like you *exactly* described the Mikrotik Hex with your requirements. I just checked and it has been tested -40C to 60C. https://mikrotik.com/product/RB750Gr3
  5. R

My understanding is you Turbo but on fewer cores, so if base clock is at 4 cores, then to Turbo you need to do it but on fewer cores, hence the overall power (the TDP) stays (roughly) within the limit. So for max Turbo it's a single core doing it. Have I got this wrong? The amount of heat...
  6. R

N5105 is 10W TDP, N100 and N200 are 6W TDP.
  7. R

How likely are Aliexpress Protectli-alternatives Coreboot-compatible?

Anecdotally after reading through hundreds and hundreds of posts on this forum, the N5105 systems seem to be more power efficient than the J4125 systems (while also being 30% more powerful and supporting 2 DIMM slots). I, for one, will be waiting for the N100/N200 systems that shouldn't be too...
  8. R

Aerohive (Extreme Networks) APs - No Controller Needed

What an absolutely wonderful guide, thank you so much! I spent all afternoon going through it (on my Unifi network), and WOW, things are SOOOO much better now. Every single 5GHz-capable device is connecting at 5GHz, my Ring doorbell (which for some reason used to stubbornly hang on by a thread...
  9. R

New Cisco Small Business WiFi6 AP

Interested to know if you have Sonos and/or Ring doorbell, and whether they work ok. Also, can you choose channels per AP and does it stick?
  10. R

Topton Pentium N6005 router/firewall unit - how to tell if my power brick is counterfeit?

Just assume it is fake, I think there is a 99.999% likelihood it is fake. I'm very fussy about power supplies (they are a massive fire hazard) so I wouldn't use the ones these systems are coming with.