Search results

1. J

U-NAS 810A does it come with SATA PWDIS 3.3v support?

Slick looking case. You should do a build thread once you get the case! Only concern I see with it is the lack of a side fan. That top portion of the these cases where the motherboard and processor sit are VERY tight. The sidefan on the 810a once I replaced it, helped quite a bit. Just something...
  2. J

U-NAS 810A does it come with SATA PWDIS 3.3v support?

In my experience, yes. I have two of them and have never had an issue with needing to tape pins on drives, including any I have shucked.
  3. J

Questions on New Server Build with U-NAS NSC 810A Chassis

Here is the article around the U-NAS Cases as a DAS. DIY JBOD Chassis. This all I need? | ServeTheHome Forums Note that I used a CSE-PTJBOD-CB3 as my power control board vs the CSE-PTJBOD-CB2 used in that thread. Here is a precursor to that build with a different case: Guide: How to Build...
  4. J

Questions on New Server Build with U-NAS NSC 810A Chassis

I've built 2 of the UNAS-810A setups and while I agree with Patrick, they are super tight and airflow isn't great, for my use they are awesome, and I have them in a makeshift telco closet under my stairs that has no airflow and gets pretty toasty. Here is the grandaddy thread on these: U-NAS...
  5. J

Supermicro CSE-PTJBOD-CB3 Password

As an aside, I have been using one of these as the controller for a DAS based around a UNAS-810a and it has worked flawlessly. Really pleased overall.
  6. J

Supermicro CSE-PTJBOD-CB3 Password

For anyone looking for an updated link to the firmware, here it is: https://www.supermicro.com/wftp/Firmware/JBOD/CSE-PTJBOD-CB3/
  7. J

X570D4U-2L2T

I agree. Something like the Ryzen 4700GE at 35 watts for a 8C/16T chip makes for a compelling alternative to something like a Intel e-2100 or 2200 Xeon setup. I'm in a U-NAS 810a with an e-2176g and while it runs cool and quiet, I most certainly would have bought something like this had it been...
  8. J

CSE-PTJBOD-CB3 IPMI

My IPMI web interface comes up and also responds to ping. When you attempted to configure, did you try setting the device as your default gateway? So your PC would be say 192.168.1.100 and you set the default IP of 192.168.1.99 as your default gateway? I seem to remember needing to do...
  9. J

CSE-PTJBOD-CB3 IPMI

Update, found a picture on my phone. Jumper 7 is using pins 1&2, which is factory mode and runs on - 192.168.1.99, but I was able to hit and then configure the interface after that and it stayed fine. Jumper 5 is using pins 1&2 for SAS. Not much more I can tell you, but that mine is working...
  10. J

CSE-PTJBOD-CB3 IPMI

I have one of these running a Homebrew DAS and remember that I had to use some google fu to get it to come up, but it wasn't that big of a deal. I'll see if I have time to crack the case tonight and take a pic showing jumper positions. Frankly it has been a while since I configured it. Thing...
  11. J

xeon e-2278G missing from stores

Same thing happened with the 2100 series Xeons. It is ridiculous!
  12. J

U-NAS NSC-810A mATX Chassis

Well like I said, was idling around 41C in a tight closet with no ventilation when I had a total of 10 disks in the chassis. That was 2 x 970 EVO NVMe drives, 6 spinners, and 2 1TB 860 Evo SSDs. More recently, I bought a second 810a chassis and built a DAS utilizing a SM Power Control Board...
  13. J

I was trying to give you honest feedback. I could care less if you believe me or not. I have pictures posted of my build which are available for everyone to see on the forums. https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/u-nas-810a-build-xeon-e-pics.23187/ Good luck.
  14. J

I'm running an e2176g Xeon, which is 80W TDP. It has been fine. I recently bought a second 810a chassis to use as a DAS and moved all over my spinners over to it, so now only have SSDs in my 810a and I am consistently at 35c in a closed in closet at home, with door closed, and no ventilation...
  15. J

silverstone cs381 - Any news?

Awesome, look forward to the hopefully inbound review Patrick!
  16. J

$349 with no PS. Certainly not the landslide away from U-NAS that it could have been. Wonder who will bite first?!
  17. J

The one benefit I see is the drastically better cooling. It supports a 240MM radiator, plus 2 x 120MM fans on the side. Certainly makes throwing higher TDP procs in the box a much more viable solution compared to the U-NAS 810a, which I have. That being said, I do think they missed the mark on...
  18. J

DIY JBOD Chassis. This all I need?

Look forward to seeing the complete build and parts list. Was any thought given to the SM Board with IPMI built in - CSE-PTJBOD-CB3 - Supermicro CSE-PTJBOD-CB3 JBOD Power Board - Newegg.com. Is the power supply you are using one purchased with the 810a chassis? Are you still running the Gelid...
  19. J

DIY JBOD Chassis. This all I need?

I have been looking at doing this exact same thing with this exact same chassis, to mirror the e-2176g server I already have in a U-NAS 810a. Please keep us posted and provide an FAQ/Pics when your build is complete if you go down this road. Thanks!
  20. J

Anyone in the know have any updates on this one?