Search results

1. T

The curse of 1u chassis: loud 40mm fans!

i recently laid my hands on a working but empty 1u chassis that was being disposed of (a supermicro sc813m), to hold the last few drives i can add to my "backup" server. hey, can't beat *free*, right? anyway, bought a used power board off ebay (a supermicro JBPWR2) along with an SFF-8088 to...
  2. T

manual / documentation for a supermicro powerboard?

hello -- just bought a used PCC-JBPWR2 off ebay and, looking for documentation, discovered that supermicro documentation for older hardware seems to be impossible to find. you'd think they'd keep files for older hardware, but apparently not. does anyone have a copy they can spare? (ha)...
  3. T

storage: so, everything was working fine until...

a follow-up to my previous messages, re. buying a direct-attached jbod array (quantum dxi6500, aka: supermicro cse-826, with sas826el1 backplane) off ebay and attaching it to my "backup" server running unraid v6.x via a dell h200e ... after running out of drives in my backup server, i expanded...
  4. T

with all these quantum dxi6500 jbod enclosures...

i recently bought a used quantum dxi6500 (just a rebadged supermicro cse-826 jbod chassis?) via ebay to add some storage to this unraid server that has only 15 drives in it. i intend to connect the external drive array to the server via a dell h200e card also bought on ebay (will have to flash...