Search results

1. T

ZFS Cron jobs

So, my face is red. I did not escape special characters in either my script or the direct cron lines. The evidence was in front of me and I simply glanced over it. Thanks for the help everyone.
  2. T

ZFS Cron jobs

When I get home this evening I will dig a little deeper into the suggestions made. Thanks to everyone for their ideas. Cron is running and I see it in the cron log. When I was using a shell script, the cron job would run and any command that wrote to a file would do so without issue. But the...
  3. T

ZFS Cron jobs

I am having problems with zfs cron jobs. I want a daily snapshot but nothing happens. At first I had a shell script that cron would call, but that is not working and I am not getting output from the command. I tried placing the command natively in cron without success, and I copied someone...
  4. T

Advice needed: Proxmox vs vSphere

I use KVM and LXC for my home server, with a ZFS pool as the backend for this and other applications. @sd11 ZFS is starting to show its age in implementation, but it is very mature and stable. My home server started having serious hardware issues and ZFS would constantly correct corrupted...