Search results

1. S

Dell/Intel X540-T2 Nics

I have two Dell/Intel X540-T2 dual port 10GbE nics for sale. Was going to use them for transferring video between my desktop and my NAS, but i couldn’t get my z87 system to boot with one. Both cards work in my x99 system without issue. In light of this, I am going another route. Price: $100...
  2. S

z87 system With Dell/Intel X540-T2 not booting

I have a Asus Z87 Maximus VI Extreme I was planning on using this card in, but it is not passing POST. It sticks at the splash screen and I can’t enter the UEFI. Error code on board is D5. The activity light lights up when I plug a cable into it, so it should be working...just seems like...
  3. S

Which 40GbE/10GbE NICs and cable for PC to PC file transfers?

Is this the guide I would follow? -> https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/flash-oem-ibm-mellanox-connectx-3-en-with-stock-firmware.8689/#post-80356 Also, do you, or anyone else, know where to get the best-priced fiber cable for this? Does fiber vs copper matter at 20m? I'm having...
  4. S

Is this the HP card you are referring to? The HP-649281-B21? Any drivers needed/firmware reflashing, or all plug n play? Would this cable work? Anything cheaper? It seems it has the QSFP+ connections and is 20m for ~$125. -> 40GBASE QSFP+ AOC Cable, 20M | QSFP+ AOC | AOC Cable | QSFP AOC | AOC...
  5. S

I want to connect my desktop, another workstation and NAS for faster file transfers for rather cheap (mainly video/photo content - 300-500GB transfers suck on 1GbE right now). I don't want to spend the $ on a switch yet because I'm on a rather tight budget, so it would be all directly connected...