Search results

1. L

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

What is strange about this port, normally you see an insertion in the logs when a cable is inserted or removed. I have turned debug on via debug port. And usually, I will see 2023 Nov 21 14:05:19:I:System: Interface ethernet 1/1/3, state up 2023 Nov 21 14:05:18:I:System: Interface ethernet...
  2. L

Mellanox Switches - Tips & Tricks

Hey All I have posted in the ICX switch thread, this is related to both ICX 6650 to Mellanox 40GB connection Anyon has any pointers on making this work I would appreciate that
  3. L

Hi all, I have an ICX6650 and I am attempting to connect a Mellanox MSX6720. I am attempting to use ports 1/2/3 and ports 1/2/4 to connect to the Mellanox switch configured in ethernet mode for ports 1/35 and 1/36. Both systems when I run show media, both systems show the type of connected...
  4. L

At your leisure, any help will be great, I am stuck going forward for some of this until it is fixed or I find a replacement. And yes, I did mess up. I realized that after I started digging and that is the reason why I relegated myself to turning it into a fixture.
  5. L

ONIE is installed and both partitions are ot 3.10. edit: BTW where do you source these from? Transcend 452T2
  6. L

Sadly, no I did not back it up. I was in too much of a hurry. :( I would appreciate any help, this is going to be a big part of my backbone and at the price, I could not miss out on the purchase. I am not usually very cautious with this type of thing, but I am replacing most of my systems and...
  7. L

So, I missed the note on not upgrading SX models past 3.6. So I upgraded to 3.9 and things went awry. I did not equate MSX == SX . As expected the ASIC is no longer available. The main issue was attempting to find any version that was less than 3.6 and greater than 3.4.12 . So for now I...
  8. L

I just purchased an MSX1710-BS2F2 and I need to get past version MLNX-OS 3.4.3002 for this switch to enable 56GbE. Could someone share a newer firmware for this? Thanks
  9. L

Thanks that helps! I am going to be building an Infiniband network for storage, and that is good to know.
  10. L

I am looking at a couple of different SX1710 switches on Ebay. Is there only one version of this switch? I see at least 3 different names for this product listing SX1710 SX1710 IB SwitchX-2 SX1710 MSX1710-BS2F2 SX1710 MSX1700-BS1F2 Details on the differences are hard to come by, if someone...
  11. L

When I spoke about using your storage under a different VLAN, I should have stated that is if you had other devices that would be dedicated to talking to that storage. For your normal access to the storage server, you would use a different VLAN to communicate to it. I tend to forget that most...
  12. L

Do you have a router that is routing already? If no external router, then using the switch as a router, does have some limitations in what routing it does. Setting jumbo still allows you on a per-port or VLAN basis the MTU I would segment storage from other VLANs i.e. internal network on one...
  13. L

[US] WTB: 12/24 Port SFP+ L2 switch for home office closet

Hi everyone, I am looking to get an SFP+ switch to bring over into my new home office space. This would be basically for connecting desktops and other devices. I have 10 gig ethernet machines and some that could be used with SFP but not required. Used is fine, as the switch will be connected...
  14. L

I use LINUX for all my work, putty is available, but not as clean as the windows version. I just open a terminal and ssh into the Pi and run picocom to connect to the serial port and work from there (i.e. picocom -b 115200 /dev/ttyUSB24). The Pi is connected to the 15X USB to serial cables...
  15. L

Only if I had a console server or connection manager. That would make my life easier 15 console cables connected to a raspberry pi are a mess. (any recommendations?)
  16. L

Just for constancy, all of my hardware runs at 115200, and I hate the slow interface as well. It is not the end of the world. Also, it is one of those, I want it to work this way why can't it kind of thinking.
  17. L

Nothing here that seems to make you think you can change the rate This is why I am confused, I tried this with expecting it to be similar to what the 7xxx versions did. Thinking like you, I tried it just in case it was hidden. Strange how, nothing points to baud rate being able to be...
  18. L

have just picked up a couple of icx6610s and I am trying to get the console serial port set to 115200, and what I did for the 6650 does not work. Setting this in the u-boot on the 6650 I used On the 6610s there is nothing. I read that others just used buadrate, as they are not u-boot Where...
  19. L

To understand your statement correctly, the 32/48/56 is the number of aggregate ports or SFP+ ports only? The following description is what is confusing me: The description says 48 in it be but s described as having 56 ports. Thanks again. Licensing, I get it now! Thanks, I had to read better!
  20. L

Hi all, I am looking at buying one of the ICX6650 could someone help me understand the differences in the module numbers I am finding on eBay Physically these look the same, but the prices range from 690.00 to 900.00 dollars The 32-I-ADV is at the lowest and the 56E-ADV is at the highest. I...